"Green Christmas in the Teuteburger Forest" Blomberg by Maria250
Blomberg Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 28 photos
Refreshing diversity characterizes the Teutoburger Forest, gentle hills, wide plains and dense forests. The Teutoburger Forest is a region steeped in history. In many places, you will find traces of the Teutons, Romans, Saxons and Franks in the form of colossal sacred buildings, castles and monuments. This region is Germany's healing garden, because Mother Nature has blessed the Teutoburg Forest with a wide range of highly effective springs and healing soils, brine, sulphur, mud, mineral and healing waters not only provide regeneration but bring body, mind and soul into perfect harmony once again. On top of that, there is the healthy climate. That is why in the Teutoburg Forest you will find a large number of health resorts, spas, and the typical Bauernbaeder (Peasants' baths).
On Nature's trail. That is the motto for hiker in the Eggebirge Nature Park and the Southern part of the Teutoburg Forest. On around 2,000 kilometres of signposted hiking trails, one can explore this unique highland region. Walk through shady woods, past babbling brooks and picturesque villages. Always in close touch with nature and never far from many culturally interesting towns.
Dear Santa, I'm older
But, still believe in you
(At least, I believe in
The things you try, to do).
Maybe, I can't ask for
A Tonka, or, a train.
(But, if you'd bring one of them
You know, I won't complain).
But, what I really wish for
Is a special present
Love that can't be "returned"
Once it has been sent.
Everybody needs a little
And some, need a lot
But, if you get a tiny bit
You still know what you got.
So Santa, drop a little
Under each Christmas tree
Then, all will get a present
From what it's 'posed to be.
And if there is no tree
For the alone, and poor
When you get, to their place
Just, drop, a little more.
- Pros:Quiet, cosy and peaceful.
- Cons:German weather is a con most of the time & any where.
- In a nutshell:Santa was here - 2007.
The magic of a traditional German Christmas is casting more UK visitors under its spell every year. Historic Christmas... more travel advice
Maria250's Related Pages
Blomberg Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Blomberg
- 3 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Blomberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blomberg
Top 10 Pages
- San Antonio Intro, 37 reviews, 144 photos
- Höxter Intro, 40 reviews, 115 photos
- Berlin Intro, 42 reviews, 107 photos
- Fort Worth Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Bad Pyrmont Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eugene Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Seattle Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bernkastel-Kues Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Königstein im Taunus Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos