"Copper Canyon State" Estado de Chihuahua by Haditos
Estado de Chihuahua Travel Guide: 155 reviews and 433 photos
The best way to see the Copper Canyon is by train, the famous "El Chepe", that is a contraction in spanish of Chihuahua-Pacifico railroad. What you can find in the copper canyon?, well, a lot of things, from one of the biggest canyons in the world, even bigger and deepest than Grand Cannyon in Arizona, to a very different culture that is Tarahumaras.
Well our trip began in Los Mochis, a town in Sinaloa state very close to the beach, with a very hot weather. We arrived by plane and we went to te beach to pass the day, we took a bus from Los Mochis to Topolobampo, the town that lays on the beach, right there we went to a beach named El Maviri, where you can eat exellent and cheap seafood. There aren't any waves because this beach is on a bay. We tasted the Zarandeado Fish, that is an speciallity there, and it was delicious. We headed back to the hotel in los Mochis and be ready to take the train at 6:00A.M. We took it and the landscape from Los Mochis to El Fuerte is flat, you can enjoy the beautyfull sunrise from the train, meanwhile you're taking the breakfast in the comedor car, the food is good and not to expensive. After you cross El Fuerte town, you begin to see little montains and the train begins to climb, this happens after you cross the largest bridge in the route over El Fuerte river. You cross rivers, bridges, tunnels, cannyons, waterfalls and spectacular views and some Tarahumaras(People from this region). The best views are on the right, as the train goes in a cannyon with a wall of rock on the left side and a river and more mountains on the right. The best place to take pictures is in the open spaces between the train's cars.
This Waterfall is the highest in Mexico, and it's on the top 10 around the world, it's located in Baseasachi town in the... more travel advice
This waterfall is like 22Km from Creel, and it's worth to go there, even is not as tall or spectacular, it has its... more travel advice
Haditos' Related Pages
Estado de Chihuahua Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home Town Chihuahua"
- "Copper Canyon State"
- "Sierra Taraomara...raices del edo.Grande"
- "State of Chihuahua"
- "ESTADO DE CHIHUAHUA, MEXICO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado de Chihuahua
- Hotels in Estado de Chihuahua
- Transportation in Estado de Chihuahua
- Nightlife in Estado de Chihuahua
- Restaurants in Estado de Chihuahua
- Shopping in Estado de Chihuahua
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de Chihuahua
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado de Chihuahua
- 9 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Estado de Chihuahua?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de Chihuahua
Photos in Estado de ChihuahuaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Monteverde Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Estado de Chihuahua Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manzanillo Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Grindelwald Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz Huatulco Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poás Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- San José Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Guadalajara Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 1 photo
- Barcelona Intro, 1 photo