"The Island Monastery" Great Skelligs by X-Ice
Great Skelligs Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 83 photos
I want to live here. I am so in love with this island and its beautiful ancient buildings. I'll fast, pray, be chaste and silent, anything; just please let me remain here. When I visited in 1982, three of us get left behind by the tour boat. One young lady was terrified, the young man rather tittilated at the prospect of spending the night with two attractive girls, and I was overjoyed at the possibility of having the island (almost) to myself for hours. When the boat finally returned for us, she wes elated, he was relieved (let's be practical, after all), and I was so disappointed. Can't I stay the night, I pleaded? I don't mind being here alone.
- Pros:Now, I think I understand why people join religious orders.
- Cons:The won't let us stay.
- In a nutshell:I want to live the rest of my life here.
X-Ice's Related Pages
Great Skelligs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Great and Small Skellig"
- "My favourite place on Earth"
- "An "out of the world" place!"
- "The Island Monastery"
- "A trip to the Skelligs can never be forgotten!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Great Skelligs
- Hotels in Great Skelligs
- Transportation in Great Skelligs
- Nightlife in Great Skelligs
- Restaurants in Great Skelligs
- Warnings and Dangers in Great Skelligs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Great Skelligs
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Great Skelligs?Share Your Travels
No friends yet.