"Kanchipuram-Temple&Silk city :)" Top 5 Page for this destination Kanchipuram by radz
Kanchipuram Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 197 photos
Kancheepuram is 70km from Chennai.Its formar capital of Pallava's late 6th century to 7th AD century..It has been centre for cultural activities like Tamil learning,
cultural and religious background for centuries.
Why you should visit here,if you interested in unique architectural beauty's,Kanchipuram has magnificent temples to see.Kanchipuram is one of the seven scared cities India!!
It was said once upon a time,it has morethan 1000 temples,but now too wherever you turn you can see temples..
The main big tempels you should not miss when you visit here are,
Kailasanather Temple,Vaikundaperumal temple,Ekambarareswarar temple.This temple has one of the Heritage place. Can see old Mango tree more than 3500 years old.
The town is famous for its exquisitely woven silk sarees.Town is home of traditional silk fabric weavers.
One of the inner wall of shrines at Kailasanather temple.
- Pros:magnificent temples!
- In a nutshell:Want to unique Dravidian temples its must see city :)
The pic you can see Varathraja perumal temple pond,its called "Atthigiri",it means Elephant Mountain. This tank... more travel advice
I must say this is bigggg temple really, the pic you can see 3 towers,all one one temple.inside 3 inner courtyard... more travel advice
radz's Related Pages
Kanchipuram Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kanchipuram-Temple&Silk city :)"
- "Sacred City"
- "land of a thousand temples"
- "Half a day stop in Kanchipuram"
- "Kanchipuram Photos 1"
- "Nagareshu Kanchi -- Kanchi -- the Temple town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kanchipuram
- Transportation in Kanchipuram
- Restaurants in Kanchipuram
- Shopping in Kanchipuram
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kanchipuram
- 6 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Kanchipuram?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kanchipuram
Photos in KanchipuramSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Delhi Intro, 38 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 21 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mamallapuram Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Agra Intro, 14 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manali Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ladakh Range Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fatehpur Sikri Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thiruvananthapuram Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues