"NewDelhi- Capital of India.." Top 5 Page for this destination New Delhi by radz
New Delhi Travel Guide: 1,141 reviews and 2,535 photos
Delhi is Cosmopolitan city,and Capital of India.Its history dates back to epic Mahabharata,5000 years ago,when it was known as Indrapashtha.Delhi is divided into two parts,Old Delhi&NewDelhi.
Old Delhi is walled city,narrow streets &mostely congested.
Newdelhi is a planned city with wide streets,parks.Parliament House,India Gate Presedent house,Old Fort,Humayun;s Tomp,Quitab Minar& ZOO, are in NewDelhi..
Delhi is main starting point for North India..Jaipur is five hours drive from Delhi.Agra is 3 hrs drive from Delhi..
they say Golden triangel..Both Jaipur&Agra are connected by well maintained road..
Best season to come Delhi is October to March,December is peak winder night temp 4c to 7 c.
April end to June its too hot .Summer temp goes up 40 to 45 c..July to September Moonsoon season,but Delhi gets hardly rain except this year.
January, 26 is Republic Day if you happen to be that day you can see beautiful march on Rajpath.
but ,be prepared for jams because many roads are diverted for the parade..
For Restaurants tips,you can check it out my Restaurants tips...But my suggestion is,when you are in India you try Indian foods,am sure you love it..
Plz check Shopping tips,if you are interested in shopping.Anything particular item you want to buy,ask me.......................Continue.
This is crafts Smuseum at Surajkund,Delhi.Surajkund is 20km from Delhi.There is lake,not big but big lake,can go for boating.Its place for annual crafts festival.
Purana Quila Moat, boating facilities availabel here,Its not big ,but good to have greenery place center of City..
- Pros:Well planed Newdelhi,Food,Shopping
- Cons:hmmmmm traffic jams
- In a nutshell:One of the good city in India to Live!.
If anyone intereted in Indian arts&would like to know the cultural heritage then i suggest you must visit National... more travel advice
Thia Mosque was build by Emperor Shah Jahan (who build Taj Mahal)in 1656. One of the oldest &largest Mosque in... more travel advice
radz's Related Pages
New Delhi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "New Delhi - City of Contrasts"
- "NewDelhi- Capital of India.."
- "The capital city of my country"
- "Delhi- Past and Present"
- "New Delhi"
- "Meeting friends at New Delhi"
- "Political Heart of the World's Biggest Democracy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Delhi
- Hotels in New Delhi
- Transportation in New Delhi
- Nightlife in New Delhi
- Restaurants in New Delhi
- Shopping in New Delhi
- Warnings and Dangers in New Delhi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Delhi
- 38 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 19 Forum posts
- 93 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to New Delhi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Delhi
Photos in New DelhiSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Delhi Intro, 38 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mumbai Intro, 21 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jaipur Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mamallapuram Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Agra Intro, 14 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manali Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fatehpur Sikri Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ladakh Range Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thiruvananthapuram Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues