"Trnava" Trnava by Sioma
Trnava Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 153 photos
About 50 Km north-east of Bratislava, theres the ancient town of Trnava.
During Turkish invasions of XVI century, it was residence for archi-bishops of Eztergom,so becaming the religious capital oh Hungarian kingdom.
It's a nice town....the old part is almost rectangular, still enclosed by the ancient walls.
Inside you'll find many nice building, like the S.Mikulash cathedral, the university, and other churches.
In the center of the town there's Trojichne namestie (trinity square), where you can see the rinascimental civic tower, and the neo-classic theatre.
From the south corner of the square there a big street : Hlavna (it means "main")
it's a nice place where to having a walk and meeting people.
this is the western side of the walls, with the gate of Bernolak, and behind it the Frantishkanski church.
The gate was restaured with many parts in cement...mmm...i don't think it was a great idea....
Sioma's Related Pages
Trnava Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Trnava the Slovak Rome"
- "Churches......lots of churches....."
- "Slovakia's Oldest Town"
- "Trnava Page by Sisa"
- "Trnava - little Rome"
- "AleksanderA's Trnava Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trnava
- Hotels in Trnava
- Transportation in Trnava
- Nightlife in Trnava
- Restaurants in Trnava
- Shopping in Trnava
- Warnings and Dangers in Trnava
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trnava
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Trnava?Share Your Travels
Top 10 Pages
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 42 reviews, 45 photos
- Moscow Intro, 35 reviews, 36 photos
- Prague Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omsk Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Novosibirsk Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Lucca Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yekaterinburg Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos
- Riga Intro, 23 reviews, 16 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 16 reviews, 10 photos