"the green city" Top 5 Page for this destination Omsk by Sioma
Omsk Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 252 photos
This is really a pretty city!
Rather big (about 1200000 inhabitants), but also quiet and full of green like a country town.
It was founded by Kazachs in 1716, and it's one of the most important stops along transiberian railway (it's also place of railway university, the most prestigious in Russia).
It's situated in the place where the little river Om (that give the name to the city) goes inside Irtish river, the main tributary of Ob river...
...and this is the best part of the city.
Around here you can find a lot of parks, fountains, statues, nice buildings.
Here there are also a lot of bars, restaurants, cafe'...this is the meeting point of young people, and it's always full of life.
...Maybe it wasn't the same last century: this city was one of place where people " not nice to zar " where sent into exile; Dostoevskij had to spend here some years of his life
If you go there at the beginning of August, you can see the marathon of siberia; at the end of August, instead, the flora exibition.
it's quite common in russian cities that parks are dedicated to heroes of 2nd World War...so, it's not unusual to find... more travel advice
like in all russian cities, also Omsk has it's Stalin's gothic building....here you are more travel advice
Sioma's Related Pages
Omsk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Omsk"
- "Omsk, siberia on "growth factor""
- "the green city"
- "Omsk, Winter-Spring 2004"
- "My Second Time in Omsk"
- "Lovely warm Omsk"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Omsk
- Hotels in Omsk
- Transportation in Omsk
- Nightlife in Omsk
- Restaurants in Omsk
- Shopping in Omsk
- Warnings and Dangers in Omsk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Omsk
- 28 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Omsk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Omsk
Top 10 Pages
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 42 reviews, 45 photos
- Moscow Intro, 35 reviews, 36 photos
- Prague Intro, 31 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omsk Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Novosibirsk Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Lucca Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yekaterinburg Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos
- Riga Intro, 23 reviews, 16 photos
- Vilnius Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 16 reviews, 10 photos