"Osmio - Citta' senza Testa" Osimo by xristos83

Osimo Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 17 photos

I had lived in Osimo for about a year (Sept. of 2000 to July of 2001) during my junior year of High School. I was an exchange student through AFS and lived with a wonderful Italian family in the historic city center. Before I arrived, I didn't know what to expect...I had never heard of Osimo or the region it's in Le Marche. When my Italian family picked me up from Rome and drove up to their house among the midieval and renaissance buildings of Osimo, I was taken by surprise. I did not realise how beautiful that little town was, and Im happy to say I spent a year of my life there.

• Pros:Beautiful side streets, nice piazza, Roman walls and ruins, nice cafe's and restaurants
  • Cons:There are NO con's!!
  • In a nutshell:Nice little Italian town on a hill overlooking the Monte Conero rivera.
  • Last visit to Osimo: Jul 2002
  • Intro Updated Jul 30, 2003

Travelogues (1)

• rozehill's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2004 at 10:37 PM

You are so lucky to have had that chance of living in another country and i bet the experience changed your life and ways of thinking!!

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2004 at 11:26 PM

How fortunate that you were able to live in Osimo. It certainly is a charming place.

• SPW's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2004 at 7:07 PM

What a great opportunity you had to live in a small town for all that time. Your pictures and comments show how much it meant to you!

• pedersdottir's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2004 at 7:16 PM

I enjoyed your picture-postcard pretty presentation of a little-known corner of Bella Italia. Thank you!

• JourneyOf1's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2004 at 11:39 AM

Your pics are really excellent, the angles are intriguing. Great page>>>>Yvette

• MarvintheMartian's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2004 at 12:30 PM

Looks like you had a great time in Osimo - Italian culture is brilliant, one day I hope to spend more time there. By the way how do you pronounce Osimo?

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2004 at 11:41 PM

Oh dear, just when I felt comfortable about having seen most of the towns in Italy I wanted to see, you've gone and thrown up another one! Shame about the statues and, I do agree with Mr. Witte about Ascoli Piceno.

• dnwitte's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2003 at 1:31 PM

Very pretty page. I think you'd like Ascoli Piceno too, for all the same reasons. Isn't Marche nice?

• OrlandoBR's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2003 at 4:54 PM

You seem to be aware of the coolness factor, the one of the utmost importance... that is a cool little house, and your Christmas-y Duomo picture has magic written all over it - beautiful page.

• ChuckG's Profile Photo