Laramie Restaurant Tips by atufft Top 5 Page for this destination
Laramie Restaurants: 8 reviews and 7 photos
After eating corporate roadside junk food for two weeks, I had to walk into an old downtown for a locally prepared meal. Jeffery's had been recommended by a bookstore clerk, and I wasn't disappointed. The atmosphere of red brick inside that looks out past a canopy to the historic downtown was quite pleasant. I had a full meal for about $20, which turned out to be a real culinary bargain. Three days later in Salinas, for example, my co-driver says to me, "Let's go to Outback. That's my favorite restaurant!" Outback Salinas by comparison was a rip off meal for $34-, and though the exuberent juvenile service was good, I won't visit that place for a long time to come. The Jeffery's chefs in contrast, prepare an eclectic menu of dishes with ample proportions, and then the full meal option includes soup or salad, a drink, and one of the freshly baked desserts. It was bitter cold outside so I choose to sip hot green tea and consume a cup of a gorgonzola and feta cheeze soup that was rich in fresh tomato flavors. I ate a pasta with chicken chunks and a light cream sauce that was described as being Hungarian, probably because of the garnish of freshly sliced red onions on top. For dessert, I chose the Jackson Walnut pie, which was sort of like a pecan pie with chocolate and walnuts. There is a fine list of wines and beers, and the main dinner and dessert menus are much more full that I can describe here. See the link below.
Address: 123 East Ivinson Avenue, Laramie, WY
Comparison: about average
Directions: Corner of Ivinson and 2nd Street in Historic Downtown Laramie
Phone: (307) 742 7046
More Reviews (23)
- See All University of Wyoming: Union Building
- See All Laramie Residential Neighborhood
- One of Many in Laramie's Great Bar Scene
- See All Fly Fishing on the Laramie River
atufft's Related Pages
Laramie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Waiting for April Fool's Day in Laramie"
- "A friendly university town with a nice vibe"
- "Laramie - a small town on the high prairies"
- "Welcome to 7200 feet above sea level"
- "7200' Are we at the top yet?!?!"
- "lewade's new Laramie Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Laramie
- Hotels in Laramie
- Transportation in Laramie
- Nightlife in Laramie
- Restaurants in Laramie
- Shopping in Laramie
- Warnings and Dangers in Laramie
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ayot Saint Lawrence Hotels
- Provincia de Salcedo Hotels
- Tórshavn Hotels
- Isla de Maipo Hotels
- Puebla de Zaragoza
- Hanga Roa
Badges & Stats in Laramie
- 24 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (78)
Have you been to Laramie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laramie
Photos in LaramieSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 202 reviews, 759 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 38 reviews, 165 photos
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos