"North Bank Village on the Blackstone River" Cumberland by atufft
Cumberland Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 48 photos
Cumberland is on the north bank of the Blackstone Falls, across the bridge from neighboring Central Falls. Cumberland is decidely more residential, having a somewhat newer commercial strip along Broad Street. The city has also completed a more formalized nature trail along the Blackstone River, and there is a bicycle trail too. Apparently, because of it's location on the north side of the river, the town was originally part of a territorial dispute between MA and RI, with MA eventually ceding the town to RI. Check out the sandstone built city hall, the Colonial Bakery, and Rhody Rugs. There is also a monastery, and some other historic buildings that I didn't visit.
Between the working class multi-family homes of Cumberland, along Broad Street that is, there are a few classic old... more travel advice
My grandmother continued an English tradition of braiding rags into oval shaped area rugs. Later, these rugs were... more travel advice
atufft's Related Pages
Cumberland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pumpkin Mousse Roll"
- "North Bank Village on the Blackstone River"
- "Within A Natural Landscape..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cumberland
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Cumberland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cumberland
Photos in CumberlandSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 228 reviews, 849 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 41 reviews, 181 photos
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos