"End of the Train Line at the Tamiami Trail" Punta Gorda by atufft
Punta Gorda Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 55 photos
Whether you drive from Miami across ribbon highway state route 90, the Tamiami Trail, through the Big Cyprus National Preserve, or via toll road I-75, Alligator Alley, through the Everglades, Punta Gorda on Florida's lower west side is definitely worth a stop on the swing north. This town has some history dating back to the 1880's, which is early by Florida standards. There are numerous residences and commercial buildings downtown that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Plus, for those tourist hounds, Punta Gorda has a waterfront mall and marina with kitsch gift shops known as Fisherman's Village. Punta Gorda is across Charlotte Bay from the island and lighthouse on Gasparilla Island, also known as Boca Grande. It's a great area for fishing and sun bathing.
At the end of the wharf, there's a bar with pool tables and other games. It's also pleasant to watch the boats at the... more travel advice
It's hard to call this live music since the only thing live were the vocals. Otherwise, the entire band was electronic... more travel advice
atufft's Related Pages
Punta Gorda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paradise Has Returned - Better Than Ever"
- "Punta Gorda"
- "End of the Train Line at the Tamiami Trail"
- "punta gorda florida"
- "PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA"
- "charmeleon's new Punta Gorda Page"
- "My visits to Punta Gorda"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Punta Gorda
- Hotels in Punta Gorda
- Nightlife in Punta Gorda
- Restaurants in Punta Gorda
- Shopping in Punta Gorda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Punta Gorda
- 8 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (82)
Have you been to Punta Gorda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Punta Gorda
Photos in Punta GordaSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 215 reviews, 818 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 41 reviews, 181 photos
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos