"Cuban Fishing Village Turned Retirement Mecca" Port Charlotte by atufft
Port Charlotte Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 30 photos
I have a young Cuban American friend who invites me to stop by when he's around. Recently, his arrival home and my operations in the area coincided. His family provided the best of hospitality, offering a room, fresh cooked Cuban food (including a roasted pork shoulder) and a visit around to other family homes. My friend and his wife took me for a drive in the late afternoon to visit Punta Gorda, just across the bridge, and then the next day I was taken for a boat ride to Boca Grande. See these other Florida pages for more information about them, but as for Port Charlotte, one will find a very pleasant bedroom community with lots of waterfront properties. Many of these date back to the days when the sulfate mining was still being done, but now these homes are being renovated and turned into retirement homes.
This part of Florida is capable of growing mangos, one of my favorite fruits. more travel advice
atufft's Related Pages
Port Charlotte Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Second Home"
- "Cuban Fishing Village Turned Retirement Mecca"
- "Dunno Why...But I love it Here"
- "I don't know why they live here... but they do."
- "Hit by Charley"
- "Port Charlotte"
- "The Peace River"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Charlotte
- Hotels in Port Charlotte
- Restaurants in Port Charlotte
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Charlotte
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Charlotte
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Port Charlotte?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Charlotte
Photos in Port CharlotteSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 208 reviews, 788 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 41 reviews, 181 photos
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos
Latest Port Charlotte hotel reviews
- Harbor Pointe
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 5, 2013