"Gasparilla Island Lighthouse and Beaches" Top 5 Page for this destination Boca Grande by atufft
Boca Grande Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 91 photos
A Cuban-American trucker friend invited me for a ride in his fishing boat, departing from his waterfront home in Port Charlotte and leading to Boca Grande, the relatively narrow opening into the Gulf of Mexico, where there's a historic lighthouse and some beaches. I didn't get a chance to visit the island town, but I did get a big chance to appreciate Charlotte Bay and the dolphin wildlife that inhabits it. See my pages on Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda for those portions of the visit that I made in May 2011. I'll try to up my notes on southwestern Florida as I find opportunities to visit the region in the future. This was just an introduction for me.
While I found the souvenir shops at the Fisherman's Village Mall in Punta Gorda to be most kitsch, the Boca Grande... more travel advice
The white sandy beaches, some areas heavy with broken shells, are busy with boaters and beach lovers. Landfall meant... more travel advice
atufft's Related Pages
Boca Grande Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Boca Grande"
- "Gasparilla Island Lighthouse and Beaches"
- "Welcome to Boca Grande Florida....AHHH!"
- "North Side of Port Charlotte"
- "boca grande florida"
- "Boca Grande roxs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boca Grande
- Hotels in Boca Grande
- Transportation in Boca Grande
- Restaurants in Boca Grande
- Shopping in Boca Grande
- Warnings and Dangers in Boca Grande
- See All...
Explore the World
- Corpus Christi
- Panaji Hotels
- Isla Holbox
- Bonlanden auf den Fildern Hotels
- Herculaneum Hotels
- Stony Hill Hotels
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Ile de Jerba
- Zell am See
- Roxana Hotels
- Departamento de Islas de la Bahía
- Sirhind Hotels
- Wichita Falls
Badges & Stats in Boca Grande
- 4 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Boca Grande?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boca Grande
Photos in Boca GrandeSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 208 reviews, 788 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 41 reviews, 181 photos
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos