Stockton Nightlife Tips by atufft
Stockton Nightlife: 4 reviews and 8 photos
University of the Pacific Faye Spanos Hall
The venerable old Faye Spanos Concert Hall hosts jazz and other musical features on a regular basis. Tickets can be purchased on-line. Check out the University of the Pacific website or the Stockton, CA website. Dave Brubeck graduated from UOP and left a multi-million dollar endowment to the university, so expect seasonal jazz concerts that feature his music, if not him. I've also seen Winton Marsalis and band in concert here. Since this is not a large hall, the venue is an excellent place compared to similar productions in the San Francisco Bay Area, and the parking is free and easy to find.
Dress Code: No requirements are made, but typically locals will dress up for a formal jazz occasion. Young jazz fans rarely dress up though.
Address: University of the Pacific, Pacific Avenue
Directions: From I-5 south of Stockton, take Pershing exit and follow until you reach UOP campus, then cross to opposite side of campus. From I-5 north of Stockton, take March Lane exit and proceed east to Pacific Avenue and then proceed south to UOP.
Phone: box office 209-946-2UOP
Concert in Victory Park, Stockton, CA.
The day of the week has changed from year to year, but the summer concert series is always on a week evening, usually on a Wednesday or Thursday night, starting at 6pm. This summer marks the 55th year of doing this free concert picnic in Victory Park. Although alcoholic beverages are technically illegal, this seems to be overlooked as the upscale audience brings plenty of wine and food to the oak studded park. Victory Park is also the location of the Haggin Museum, so it's possible to combine an afternoon visit at this above average regional museum, and then spread out the picnic blanket for a free concert. The pictures so the venue. Usually the music style is jazz, but pop-rock and salsa are also common themes. See the website for the calendar and more details.
Address: Victory Park
Directions: Take the Pershing exit off I-5 and follow the signs for Haggin Museum/Victory Park
Theme: Live Music
Stockton's Signature Complex
Across from Weber point and within walking distance of Howard Johnson Express Inn, the downtown multiplex cinema is new and inviting. There are several restaurants around it, and the 16 separate theatres are well designed for viewing and hearing the latest film releases. A walk around the fountains and end of the waterfront before or after the movie is pleasant enough. It's a good place to bring the kids, as the city police have a good presence in the area at night.
Dress Code: None, that I know of.
Address: 222 North El Dorado Street, Stockton
Directions: 222 North El Dorado Street, just off hwy 4, at the end of the waterfront area.
Nightclubs in Stockton are unfortunately few in number. However, recently the Waterfront Warehouse has hosted weekend Salsa and Merengue dancing. Lessons begin at 8pm, and at 9pm the savy and sophisticated dancing fans appear. It's right on the waterfront, so a drink outside between sets is possible. The old building itself is worth a look over.
Dress Code: Ballroom dancing crowds generally dress well, but there's not a dress code here.
Address: Weber Street in the Waterfront Warehouse
Directions: From Center Street go west until you find the old brick warehouse building. Look around, you'll find it. The building can be seen from across the water when at the ballpark, area, Weber Point, or Howard Johnson Express Inn.
More Reviews (39)
- See All Upscale Lounge Bar and Restaurant
- See All Hotel Stockton
- See All Greyhound Bus
- See All There are Few "Tree Huggers" Here in...
- See All Cosumnes River Wildlife Preserve
atufft's Related Pages
Stockton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stockton--true heart of the San Joaquin Delta"
- "Stockton - Historic Inland River Port"
- "California bread basket"
- "Poor Stockton"
- "Stockton, CA"
- "Pietro_4wd's new Stockton Page"
- "tkfisher13's new Stockton Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stockton
- Hotels in Stockton
- Transportation in Stockton
- Nightlife in Stockton
- Restaurants in Stockton
- Warnings and Dangers in Stockton
- See All...
Explore the World
- Victoria Falls Hotels
- Lago di Mezzola Hotels
- Weymouth Hotels
- Arzew Hotels
- Nathula Island
Badges & Stats in Stockton
- 43 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (78)
Have you been to Stockton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stockton
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "Re: Job Search. Let's go!"
- Commented on one of atufft's Stockton tips
- Wrote a Review Upscale Lounge Bar and Restaurant in Stockton Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Outstanding Jamaican at Paradise Cove"
- updated a Stockton Travel Page "Stockton--true heart of the San Joaquin Delta"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 202 reviews, 759 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 38 reviews, 165 photos
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos