"Needles: Desert border town on the Colorado River" Needles by atufft
Needles Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 38 photos
Albuquerque, NM, and Stockton, CA. There are certainly other attractions in the general area--Las Vegas and Grand Canyon are not too far away, but for those passing though this is a good overnight stay.
On the last day of a two week road trip, a abcess tooth reasserted itself, and gave me unbearable pain. So, at two in the morning, we drove a very short distance to the only local hospital and got some morphine and a prescription for Vicadin. The service was quite good, and fortunately our Kaiser insurance promised to pick up the tab. The Days Inn proved to be a good location. Close to the hospital and the 24hr Denny's that gave us a 20% discount by agreement with the hotel. The next morning, the Rite Aid was relatively close by too, but we had to wait in line while resident senior citizens expressed their anger over the new Medicare drug discount program.
- Pros:Nice warm winter retreat for an overnight stay
- Cons:Not too much to do as far a I could tell
- In a nutshell:Needles serves nicely as a road stop in the Southwest
You can't stay there today, at least not yet. The old El Garces Hotel (1908) once serviced both as a hotel and railroad... more travel advice
atufft's Related Pages
Needles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Needles~Route 66"
- "Needles: Desert border town on the Colorado River"
- "A Peanuts fan's pilgrimmage"
- "Basaic Needles Page"
- "photochaser's new Needles Page"
- "It's usually "through," not "to" Needles"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Needles
- Hotels in Needles
- Restaurants in Needles
- Warnings and Dangers in Needles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Needles
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (152)
Have you been to Needles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Needles
Photos in NeedlesSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 228 reviews, 849 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 41 reviews, 181 photos
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos