"Largest Hamlet Along Hwy 9 in Santa Cruz Mountains" Felton by atufft
Felton Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 53 photos
Felton is a town of about 9,000 residents just 15 minutes into the Santa Cruz Mountains from Santa Cruz. The town is infamous for it's volunteer fire fighters and Memorial Day parades. The town is about 98% liberal voting white, and so it caters heavily to those who love organic gardening, vegetarian foods, hippy fashions, and peaceful living. It's also a hangout for veterans from WWII, Vietnam, and Iraq Wars.
Felton is also home to the tallest covered bridge in the USA. For 45 years, this bridge was the only way to get into Felton from Santa Cruz. The train would come up to Roaring Camp Lumber Yard and folks would walk or take horse and buggy across the bridge, which is made of Douglas Fir Beams and Redwood Planking.
This place doesn't rate to well for food, and for good reason because is wasn't very good. I had a shriveled teriyaki... more travel advice
There's a Safeway Grocery in town, and it gets its share of business, but the New Leaf Market in Santa Cruz County is a... more travel advice
atufft's Related Pages
Felton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Largest Hamlet Along Hwy 9 in Santa Cruz Mountains"
- "Roaring Camp"
- "Felton - jewel of the redwood forest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Felton
- Hotels in Felton
- Restaurants in Felton
- Shopping in Felton
- Warnings and Dangers in Felton
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Felton
- 13 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (78)
Have you been to Felton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Felton
Photos in FeltonSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 202 reviews, 759 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 38 reviews, 165 photos
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos