Benicia Restaurant Tips by atufft
Benicia Restaurants: 6 reviews and 8 photos
My Dad toasts while Dali poses
The Union Hotel building is a historic monument. The inside of the building is all wood craft, and the outside authentic from the period. Yet, the hotel has changed hands several times, and in the past the restaurant was only so-so. The menu and quality of food has improved in recent years. The menu is varied, which is typical in a California restaurant, but the main entres are predominantly Italian pasta dishes. My dad had fresh made ravioli, while I had a crab caneloni dish. The wine list is mostly local, with a lot on the low end of the price/quality choice. The beer list is good, with a couple of good draft choices, and a very good bottle choice. The Union Hotel devotes an entire page to the many types of Martini's available now. The opportunity to sit outside on a pleasant sunny day in Benicia had a lot to do with our choice of restaurant for lunch. We found only three, although all three are quite competitive with each other in quality, the Union Hotel wins the class contest for having cloth napkins, fine China and flatware, and formalized table service. I can't rate this as a wild and shockingly great culinary experience, but I wouldn't hesitate to return for another meal here. For lunch, the heavy outdoor furniture were an easy place to leash the dog while my dad and I talked and ate. Breakfast brunch, lunch, and dinner are served, and price/quality ratio is reasonable.
Favorite Dish: It had been many years since I had eaten at the Union Hotel, and the last time was at night. I recommend trying whatever looks good. Based on what we ate, chances are other menu items will also be good.
Comparison: more expensive than average
More Reviews (9)
atufft's Related Pages
Benicia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Benicia Page"
- "Former State California Capitol That's Beautiful"
- "Benicia - Former State Capital"
- "My Home Town"
- "On the Carquinez Straight"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Benicia
- Hotels in Benicia
- Transportation in Benicia
- Restaurants in Benicia
- See All...
Explore the World
- Munnar Hotels
- Bacolod City Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Cagayan de Oro City Hotels
- Islamabad Hotels
- Grand Cayman Hotels
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Hotels
- Pengkalan Balak Hotels
- Ho Chi Minh City Hotels
- Bacolod City
- Puerto Princesa Hotels
- Baclaran Hotels
- Adyar Hotels
- Laoag City
- Santo Domingo Hotels
- La Spezia
- Prague Hotels
- Puerto Rico
- Palm Springs Hotels
Badges & Stats in Benicia
- 10 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (78)
Have you been to Benicia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Benicia
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "Re: Job Search. Let's go!"
- Commented on one of SteveOSF's Benicia travel pages
- Wrote a Review Residential Views of the Carquinez Straits in Benicia Local Customs
- updated a Benicia Travel Page "Former State California Capitol That's Beautiful"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nice Old Homes in Benicia"
Photos in BeniciaSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 202 reviews, 759 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 38 reviews, 165 photos
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos