"Aptos Has Better Beach Action Than Santa Cruz" Aptos by atufft
Aptos Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 30 photos
Aptos isn't as well known as Santa Cruz, nor does it have the range of potential activities, but the beach action there is as good as it gets in along the north shore of the Monterey Bay. See the Seacliff and New Brighton Beach Things To Do tips for more details. The dramatic and steep streets leading to the beach are an attraction in themselves.
The Palo Alto was a ship brought from Oakland for the purpose of day cruises direct from the pier. Unfortunately, after only two years the business went bust, and the ship was left as a feature of the pier. Then after a storm surge cracked the hull in two, and the concrete ship sank where it was docked. Many young people recall the time when a person could amble onto the wreck, but due to safety concerns the wreck is now fenced off from the pier. It remains now a bird and fish santuary. See the Things To Do tip on the Pier and Palo Alto for more information and links for this historical sea treasure.
One of the favorite state beaches in the area is New Brighton State Beach that lies between Capitola and Aptos Beach. The whole stretch is easy to walk and makes for good exercise. See the tips on this beach for more details. The beachside and hilltop mansions in this area are a scenic path in itself.
- Pros:Great Beaches
- Cons:Limited Other Activities
- In a nutshell:Aptos and Its Beaches are Great Destinations For Sun and Water Worshipers
There are at least a dozen or so million dollar plus homes on the beach at Seacliff Beach, most of which appear at risk... more travel advice
After the Seacliff Amusment Company abandoned the concrete ship, Palo Alto (see tip for Palo Alto), the ship became... more travel advice
atufft's Related Pages
Aptos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aptos Has Better Beach Action Than Santa Cruz"
- "Aptos Birthday Celebrations"
- "paulita1's new Aptos Page"
- "Greyraven23's Aptos Page"
- "Aptos - only a stone's throw from Santa Cruz"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aptos
- 4 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Aptos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aptos
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "Re: Events in San Francisco"
- Commented on one of matthieuxjames's Aptos travel pages
- Wrote a Review Seacliff Mansions on the Beach and Above in Aptos Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Seacliff Mansions on the Beach and Above"
- updated a Aptos Travel Page "Aptos Has Better Beach Action Than Santa Cruz"
Photos in AptosSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 228 reviews, 849 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 41 reviews, 181 photos
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos