"Venezuela is a beautiful party place" Top 5 Page for this destination Venezuela by atufft
Venezuela Travel Guide: 2,530 reviews and 6,470 photos
My wife has family in Venezuela, so I'm lucky enough to join in the festivities from time to time. During Christmas, making Hallacas is high on the list of food items. First, cook the ingredients, and then wrap them in a banana leave like a tamale. Then they get steemed or boiled. Typically, many are made and then frozen for use well into the New Year.
Venezuelan's REALLY know how to dance. We're not talking about the improvisational dancing Norte Americano's do, but partner with partner coordination with known steps. New dances come out all the time, and right now Reggetone is hot. Children, adults, and old folks all dance, and there are many dance partner rituals associated with occasions such as the quinceañera. Don't be bashful; join in. Venezuelan's don't compete about dancing so much as Norte Americans do.
Oil drains into the pockets of the rich who party all the time while the poor dream of filling their shoes by lottery. Caracas is a crowded and dangerous but wonderful city. Customer service is improving in the new shopping malls, but the banks, post office, and government offices are horrible. Hugo Chavez and George W don't like each other, but they play the same form of bait and switch politics.
- Pros:Fantastic winter time retreat for live music and dancing
- Cons:Street crime is so dangerous that renting a car is difficult
- In a nutshell:Venezuela is THE urban caribbean scene.
North American's are basically most familiar with stick construction, which uses the ubiquitous 2x4 lumber to frame a... more travel advice
Known in English as the persimmon, the níspero found in Venezuela is a smaller fruit variety, with a slight furry brown... more travel advice
atufft's Related Pages
Venezuela Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "YOU ALWAYS BE WELCOME!!!!!!!!"
- "Venezuela is a beautiful party place"
- "Amapola's Venezuela Page"
- "Venezuela-Viva Variety"
- "Venezuela con mochila"
- "Venezuela by Luiggi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Venezuela
- Hotels in Venezuela
- Transportation in Venezuela
- Nightlife in Venezuela
- Restaurants in Venezuela
- Shopping in Venezuela
- Warnings and Dangers in Venezuela
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Venezuela
- 133 Reviews
- 437 Photos
- 54 Forum posts
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Venezuela?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Venezuela
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 228 reviews, 849 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 41 reviews, 181 photos
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos