"Bolgatanga and Northeast Ghana" Bolgatanga by atufft
Bolgatanga Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 69 photos
Bolgatanga is one day's bus ride from Ouagadougu, the Burkina Faso capitol. Taking afternoon bus, we crossed the border at around 9pm and arrived in Bolga rather late at night. Fortunately, the staff at the International Traveler's Inn fed us and arranged for our lodging. It did help that we had contacted Christie, the owner of the shop in advance, however.
There's some good shopping, a bank for currency exchange, and post office.
Trips to Tonga Hills, Tilli, Bongo, and Paga are all within easy reach by tro-tro. Ask for directions to the proper tro-tro station at the International Traveler's Inn. It will be an easy hike.
- Pros:Bolgatanga is one day from the Burkina Faso and has good hotels
- Cons:The city itself is no great shakes in terms of things to do.
- In a nutshell:The pleasant countryside around Bolgatanga is worth a few days.
We visited just before the millet harvest, and so I was able to capture images of the millet at full ripeness, and then... more travel advice
In my earlier notes, I failed to include some great pictures of the high tech electrical source, as well as additional... more travel advice
atufft's Related Pages
Bolgatanga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bolgatanga in the upper east"
- "Bolga, the most Northern city of Ghana"
- "Bolgatanga and Northeast Ghana"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bolgatanga
- Hotels in Bolgatanga
- Transportation in Bolgatanga
- Restaurants in Bolgatanga
- Shopping in Bolgatanga
- Warnings and Dangers in Bolgatanga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bolgatanga
- 9 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (151)
Have you been to Bolgatanga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bolgatanga
Photos in BolgatangaSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 228 reviews, 849 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 41 reviews, 181 photos
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos