"Brief Stop Between Busra and Damascus" Qanawat by atufft
Qanawat Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 122 photos
who offered us a ride back to Damascus from Busra. Since we would have waited more than an hour for the last public bus, this was a good opportunity. Another, younger tourist was also invited, and we all agreed that driving by way of Qanawat would be a nice scenic alternative to the Amman-Damascus freeway. So, we arrived in Qanawat, which is actually better described by the number one VT contributor. But, I do provide some good photos here that he does not have.
and talked with our new friends as the sun began to set. The setting here in Qanawat is very relaxed, but I wouldn't recommend an overnight stay as the town is not much.
And so, I captured these photos in the hour or so that I had with my roll film camera. The tetra style building appears to be originally a temple which was later converted into a basilica for Christian worship. The name of the building is Seraglio according to the guidebook.
- Pros:Excellent stop midway between Busra and Damascus
- Cons:Not enough of a town for an overnight stay
- In a nutshell:Seraglio at Qanawat is a major archeological ruin of note worth seeing
atufft's Related Pages
Qanawat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Old Biblical Kenath"
- "Qanawat - Canatha"
- "Brief Stop Between Busra and Damascus"
- "Pictures of Qanawat"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Qanawat
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Qanawat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Qanawat
Photos in QanawatSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 208 reviews, 788 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 41 reviews, 181 photos
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos