"Volcanoes and Folk Craft Shopping" Masaya by atufft
Masaya Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 107 photos
Masaya is a good day trip from Granada, which is what we chose to do, but there is certainly enough to do in this city to spend a day or so. What we focused upon were the folk art markets, of which Masaya has two outstanding ones. Then, we took time to tour the city by horse cart on our way to the Malecon. For those staying in Managua, it's also possible to take a day trip to Masaya. Either way, the need for fast and comfortable bus isn't great, so this is a perfect opportunity to enjoy life as the locals do by riding one of the used yellow American school buses, now common public transport throughout Mexico and Central America.
A the New Market near the bus station, one can easily hire at reasonable price a horse cart for the trip to the Malecon... more travel advice
We came across the Old Market on the horse cart ride to the Malecon. On the way back, we stopped and then later walked... more travel advice
atufft's Related Pages
Masaya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HAMMOCKS IN MASAYA"
- "Staying in Masaya"
- "Volcanoes and Folk Craft Shopping"
- "Masaya fiestas patronales"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Masaya
- Transportation in Masaya
- Restaurants in Masaya
- Shopping in Masaya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Masaya
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Masaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Masaya
- Posted in Travel San Jose Forum "Re: what to wear in december at a..."
- Commented on one of Assenczo's Masaya tips
- Wrote a Review Horse Cart from the New Market in Masaya Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Horse Cart from the New Market"
- created a Masaya Travel Page "Volcanoes and Folk Craft Shopping"
Photos in MasayaSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 208 reviews, 788 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 41 reviews, 181 photos
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos