"Tegucigalpa Tourist Trap Pueblo Worth Visiting" Santa Lucía by atufft
Santa Lucía Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 18 photos
While, Tegucigalpa was itself originally a Spanish mining town founded in the open woodland areas of central Honduras, further up the hill was founded numerous other villages also dedicated to mining, including Santa Lucia. Fortunately, the need to preserve the water supply for the capital of Tegus resulted in the founding of the El Tigre National Park, the nation's first, and though Santa Lucia is not within its boundaries, it is on the road in that direction and has been preserved as a tourist shrine as well. The unique location in a mountainside, the cobblestone streets, and terra-cotta rooflines with views of the capital, make the 6 mile sojourn up here well worthwhile. Santa Lucia is an escape from the din of the capital city, and has plenty of restaurants and shops.
I found children playing in a patio that overlooked the city, and a labyrinth of confusing colonial cobblestone streets.... more travel advice
atufft's Related Pages
Santa Lucía Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A small mining town near the capital Tegucigalpa"
- "Tegucigalpa Tourist Trap Pueblo Worth Visiting"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Lucía
- 3 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Santa Lucía?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Lucía
Photos in Santa LucíaSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 215 reviews, 818 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 41 reviews, 181 photos
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos