"Busy Capital of the Departmento de Copan" Santa Rosa de Copán by atufft
Santa Rosa de Copán Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 55 photos
Santa Rosa de Copan is the largest city in the area, and so when arriving on the highway from San Pedro Sula, be careful when you come to the first fork in the road--bear to the right--otherwise you may bypass the old downtown completely. Just before that fork and right after it are various industries--a cement plant and cigar factory--and the region bus station, so you will know. After the turn-off the road climbs along a ridge, and then down into a chaotic maze of extremely narrow and poorly paved one-way streets. We drove around several blocks, over hill and dale, before zeroing in on the central plaza. Parking was a challenge, but we managed to find a spot just a block from the old cathedral.
This is a good place to stop for lunch, look around a bit, buy some cigars, and get cash from an ATM, before continuing on to the even higher altitudes of Gracias.
Off the plaza, behind the cathedral is a market place. Step through the entrance into an enclosed patio area with a food... more travel advice
My wife ordered a very nice looking soup, while I ordered a beef dish. I can't recall to many of the details, but it... more travel advice
atufft's Related Pages
Santa Rosa de Copán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming town... Not very much to do"
- "Santa Rosa de Copán"
- "Busy Capital of the Departmento de Copan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Rosa de Copán
- Hotels in Santa Rosa de Copán
- Restaurants in Santa Rosa de Copán
- Shopping in Santa Rosa de Copán
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Santa Rosa de Copán
- 6 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Santa Rosa de Copán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Rosa de Copán
Photos in Santa Rosa de CopánSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 208 reviews, 788 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 41 reviews, 181 photos
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos