"Tourist Pueblo Inside El Tigre National Park" Valle de Ángeles by atufft
Valle de Ángeles Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 39 photos
As late as 1980, Honduras had no national parks at all. Now, there are plenty, with plans to expand more as a means of improving tourism in the nation. One of the local retreats right out of the capital of Tegucigalpa is Valle de Angeles, originally a mining town, which until the 1970's had been damaged by the abuses of mineral extraction. Now, the forests are being restored, and colonial era pueblo is itself being restored for local and international tourism.
We stayed here to avoid the noise and congestion of overly developed Tegus, but we almost missed dinner because restaurants closed early on Christmas Eve. At night, we slept through the fireworks celebration, and on Christmas morning we walked the vacant streets. One artisan showed us his shop.
The fellow in this shop was educated and spoke excellent English, so we learned a lot from him about Honduras, Tegus, El... more travel advice
There are plenty of shops and other businesses that normally cater to tourists, but on Christmas morning, they were... more travel advice
atufft's Related Pages
Valle de Ángeles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Small Village Of Valle de Angeles"
- "VALLEY OF THE ANGELS"
- "Tourist Pueblo Inside El Tigre National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valle de Ángeles
- Hotels in Valle de Ángeles
- Transportation in Valle de Ángeles
- Restaurants in Valle de Ángeles
- Shopping in Valle de Ángeles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valle de Ángeles
- 5 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (151)
Have you been to Valle de Ángeles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valle de Ángeles
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "Re: Events in San Francisco"
- Wrote a Review One of the Best Souvenir Shops in All Honduras in Valle de Ángeles Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "One of the Best Souvenir Shops in All Honduras"
- created a Valle de Ángeles Travel Page "Tourist Pueblo Inside El Tigre National Park"
Photos in Valle de ÁngelesSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 228 reviews, 849 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 41 reviews, 181 photos
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos