"Venezuela's Industrial City" Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia by atufft
Valencia Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 43 photos
Lago Valencia is Venezuela's largest freshwater lake, and a resource of water that supports the capitol and metro area of Estado Carabobo--Valencia. A city of two million or so, Valencia is the nation's leading city for factory made consumer goods, automobiles and machinery, food packaging, and many other products are produced. The city is a transportation and distribution hub as well. Valencia has a close relationship with Venezuela's main seaport, Puerto Cabello via a steep and often pitted freeway. The city has a large public university called University de Carabobo within the suburb of Naguanagua.
most of my wife's family lives. Although there is an airport, scheduling usually requires that we arrive at night in Caracas, and then we take an excutive bus the next morning. The city has plenty to keep one busy for at least a few days. There is good shopping at the modern malls, and plenty of good restaurants. Last time we were there, we celebrated Christmas eve at a new mall that had a live band and salsa dancing. Being at a lower altitude, the climate is a bit hotter and more humid than the capitol of Caracas, but the city is much easier to get around, and the central bus station provides round the clock departures for virtually anywhere in the country. This is a great place to depart for the major cities of Barquisimeto, Merida, or Maracaibo, for example.
Valencia is constructing a new light rail type metro system to connect the fast growing suburbs with the center of the... more travel advice
Casa Valencia is one of the finest restaurants in town, and the ambience of parrots and colonial style architecture is... more travel advice
atufft's Related Pages
Valencia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Green Mountains, Beautiful Women and... Dolphins!"
- "Only stop over for the night!"
- "Valencia, Venezuela"
- "Venezuela's Industrial City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valencia
- Hotels in Valencia
- Transportation in Valencia
- Nightlife in Valencia
- Restaurants in Valencia
- Shopping in Valencia
- Warnings and Dangers in Valencia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valencia
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (83)
Have you been to Valencia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valencia
Photos in ValenciaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 215 reviews, 818 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 41 reviews, 181 photos
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos