"Keoladeo National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Bharatpur by atufft
Bharatpur Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 192 photos
Bharatpur was a once the center of an important kingdom of the same name. The Maharaja here had a hunting preserve that is now a world heritage site for over 300 species of migratory birds and other wildlife. Many of these birds fly over the Himalayas from central Asia and as far away as Siberia. The most impressive sight is the huge endangered Siberian crane. But, even the landscape is very impressive as this image shows.
At the entrance to the park, there are plenty of bicycle rickshaw pedalers ready to help you out. Since this is an easy stop along the way between Fatehpur Sikri and Ranthambhore, the important tiger preserve, these bicycle rickshaws can make a quick of an otherwise long walk along a paved road, which extends like a peninsula into the wetlands. On both sides, birds and other wildlife can be easily seen.
The bicycle rickshaws are so inexpensive that I can't even recall bargaining for one. The driver pedals in even strokes... more travel advice
Some of the most spectacular birdlife here are the herons and egrets, which are relatively large and easy to spot, but... more travel advice
atufft's Related Pages
Bharatpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~ Bharatpur ~"
- "Bharatpur-Birds Paradise!!"
- "KEOLADEO GHANA NATIONAL PARK"
- "Keoladeo National Park"
- "CUTE LITTLE BIRDIES"
- "Bharatpur and Keoladeo National Park"
- "Birds Park of Bharatpur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bharatpur
- Hotels in Bharatpur
- Transportation in Bharatpur
- Restaurants in Bharatpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Bharatpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bharatpur
- 6 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Bharatpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bharatpur
Photos in BharatpurSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 228 reviews, 849 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 63 reviews, 229 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Intro, 48 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 47 reviews, 198 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Intro, 41 reviews, 181 photos
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 157 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 41 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Intro, 33 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 41 reviews, 134 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 37 reviews, 137 photos