"Alkmaar" Top 5 Page for this destination Alkmaar by Pijlmans
Alkmaar Travel Guide: 282 reviews and 754 photos
De Waag, or the old weighing house, is located at the Kaasmarkt square (Cheese Market).
It also houses the cheese museum and tourist information office, where you can get booklets with information about e.g. walks through the city.
The famous Cheese Market of Alkmaar is every Friday from 10:00 till 12:30, starting the first Friday of April until the first Friday of September.
The Korenschoof is a typical old warehouse from the 18th century. These warehouses were supplied with boats, using the... more travel advice
There are several companies that offer canal boat tours. We took the one opposite to the Weighing House (De... more travel advice
Pijlmans' Related Pages
Alkmaar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alkmaar from the inside"
- "another pretty Dutch town - with lots of cheese!"
- "A little page about Alkmaar"
- "SAY CHEESE"
- "Alkmaar, The Netherlands"
- "Alkmaar on a hot sunny day"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alkmaar
- Hotels in Alkmaar
- Transportation in Alkmaar
- Nightlife in Alkmaar
- Restaurants in Alkmaar
- Shopping in Alkmaar
- Warnings and Dangers in Alkmaar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alkmaar
- 14 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (82)
Have you been to Alkmaar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alkmaar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 145 reviews, 625 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 109 reviews, 388 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Macedonia Intro, 111 reviews, 368 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stip Intro, 44 reviews, 243 photos, 9 travelogues
- Strumica Intro, 36 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kratovo Intro, 29 reviews, 181 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zutphen Intro, 43 reviews, 132 photos
- Stobi Intro, 21 reviews, 143 photos, 8 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 48 reviews, 110 photos
- Borger Intro, 34 reviews, 119 photos