"Green and quiet Amstelveen" Amstelveen by Pijlmans
Amstelveen Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 77 photos
Amstelveen is one of the suburbs of the Dutch capital Amsterdam.
It is very quiet compared to Amsterdam (some may say it´s very boring), but Amstelveen is also a lot greener, and has some scenic small parks.
On the picture, Amstelveen is the rectangular shape in the middle, surrounded by green, with Amsterdam in the north. The Amsterdamse Bos (Amsterdam's forest) is located to the west of Amstelveen.
Amstelveen is always a good place to come home to after a travel! It´s a nice place to live, with the capital Amsterdam and all it´s culture and nightlife around the corner...
Ladies, the shopping center is the biggest in the region!!! (Sorry guys...)
Amstelveen also has the famous Cobra Museum for modern art. It was elected "Best Museum 2008" by a Dutch newspaper.
In my tip section you can read more about the parks, as well as other things to do in and around Amstelveen. Especially for families with children you will find some interesting (often outdoor) things to do.
You can reach Amstelveen most easily by tram 5 or metro 51 (e.g. from Amsterdam Central Station, it takes about 20-30 minutes to the center of Amstelveen). Just take the last stop of tram 5 or stop "Amstelveen Centrum" of metro 51. From the airport Schiphol, take bus 300, direction Amsterdam Zuidoost, which brings you directly to the city center of Amstelveen.
A visit to Amstelveen can be combined with a visit to the beautiful village Ouderkerk aan de Amstel with its many restaurants. Just take bus 300 direction Amsterdam Bijlmer from the bus station in Amstelveen.
This restaurant has a great format: You can eat here for 2.5 hours, in 5 rounds. During each round, you can select 4... more travel advice
You can download several walking and cycling routes through Amstelveen from the official website of Amstelveen. Among... more travel advice
- See All Market in Amstelveen
- See All Bowling, Tennis and Partycenter De Kegel
- See All Movie house / Alternative cinema
- See All Amstelveen Tourist Information (VVV)
Pijlmans' Related Pages
Amstelveen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Green and quiet Amstelveen"
- "A Great Suburb of Amsterdam"
- "Maya Route"
- "The place where my parents live"
- "Next to Amsterdam,has nice shopping mall"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amstelveen
- Hotels in Amstelveen
- Transportation in Amstelveen
- Nightlife in Amstelveen
- Restaurants in Amstelveen
- Shopping in Amstelveen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amstelveen
- 39 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Amstelveen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amstelveen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 133 reviews, 571 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 109 reviews, 388 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 110 reviews, 366 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stip Intro, 44 reviews, 243 photos, 9 travelogues
- Strumica Intro, 36 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kratovo Intro, 29 reviews, 181 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zutphen Intro, 43 reviews, 132 photos
- Stobi Intro, 21 reviews, 143 photos, 8 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 48 reviews, 110 photos
- Borger Intro, 34 reviews, 119 photos