"Ouderkerk aan de Amstel" Ouderkerk aan de Amstel by Pijlmans
Ouderkerk aan de Amstel Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 38 photos
Not far from Amsterdam you will find the charming village Ouderkerk aan de Amstel. The village is divided in two parts by the river Amstel.
Ouderkerk aan the Amstel is a small village, about 200 years older than Amsterdam. It has many restaurants, and some of them have their terraces at the waterside.
It is a good idea to escape Amsterdam for a moment and have lunch or dinner in this beautiful quiet village.
There are several sites worth a visit, for instance
- The free Museum Ouder-Amstel
- The Amstel Church and the Urbanus Church
- The old bakery called "Out"
- The Portuguese-Jewish cemetery "Beth Haim"
- The ferry boat
And of course, the many excellent restaurants!
A good idea is to start in the museum (open Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays 13.00-16.00 h) where they can give you more information.
Ouderkerk can easily be reached by bike from Amsterdam, just cycle south-east along the river Amstel.
Public transport from Amsterdam: bus 300 from station Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena.
You can also take bus 300 from Schiphol, Haarlem or Amstelveen (Amstelveen busstation or station Oranjebaan of the subway 51 in Amstelveen, direction Amsterdam Bijlmer).
You can combine Ouderkerk aan de Amstel with a visit to Amstelveen, which has e.g. the Cobra Museum and the biggest shopping center in the region. Take bus 300 from Ouderkerk aan de Amstel, direction Haarlem, to the bus station in Amstelveen.
Pijlmans' Related Pages
Ouderkerk aan de Amstel Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Ouderkerk aan de Amstel
- Nightlife in Ouderkerk aan de Amstel
- Restaurants in Ouderkerk aan de Amstel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ouderkerk aan de Amstel
- 17 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (87)
Have you been to Ouderkerk aan de Amstel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ouderkerk aan de Amstel
Photos in Ouderkerk aan de AmstelSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 133 reviews, 571 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 109 reviews, 388 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Macedonia Intro, 110 reviews, 366 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stip Intro, 44 reviews, 243 photos, 9 travelogues
- Strumica Intro, 36 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kratovo Intro, 29 reviews, 181 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zutphen Intro, 43 reviews, 132 photos
- Stobi Intro, 21 reviews, 143 photos, 8 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 48 reviews, 110 photos
- Borger Intro, 34 reviews, 119 photos