"Kalista at Lake Ohrid" Kalista by Pijlmans
Kalista Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 12 photos
Within the St Bogorodica Monastery of Kalista you will find the very interesting cave church of Sveti Bogorodica (Holy Mother of God).
A bit further down the shore, high in the cliffs of Lake Ohrid, is a very small cave church dedicated to St Atanas.
You could combine a visit to Kalista with a visit to Struga and Radozda. Kalista and Radozda can be reached by car from the turn-off at Frangovo on the E850, or by taking the road along the coast from Struga through Kalista.
Another option is to go to the villages with a boat taxi from Ohrid, or by bus from Struga.
The Cave Church St Atanas is not far from the Monastery Complex St Bogorodica (in Kalista), a bit further down the shore... more travel advice
Pijlmans' Related Pages
Kalista Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kalista
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (86)
Have you been to Kalista?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kalista
Photos in KalistaSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 133 reviews, 571 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 109 reviews, 388 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 110 reviews, 366 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stip Intro, 44 reviews, 243 photos, 9 travelogues
- Strumica Intro, 36 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kratovo Intro, 29 reviews, 181 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zutphen Intro, 43 reviews, 132 photos
- Stobi Intro, 21 reviews, 143 photos, 8 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 48 reviews, 110 photos
- Borger Intro, 34 reviews, 119 photos