"Kicevo" Kicevo by Pijlmans
Kicevo Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 75 photos
Kicevo is one of the bigger towns along the main road from Skopje to Ohrid, together with Tetovo and Gostivar.
During the 13th and 14th centuries, during the reign of King Marko, Kicevo was also known as Katin Grad since his sister Katina lived here.
High in the mountains outside Kicevo you can find the serene and very well kept Monastery of St Bogorodica Precista.
The Church of St Petar and Pavle lies in the center of Kicevo.
The Monastery of Knezino is located near the village Knezino, close to Kicevo. The monastery is not only interesting for spiritual reasons, but also because they sell spirits in the form of an excellent rakija!
A church has existed at this place since the first centuries of Christianity. The church was set on fire upon the... more travel advice
Close to Kicevo, a few kilometers from the village Knezino, you can find the Monastery of Knezino. Because its church is... more travel advice
Pijlmans' Related Pages
Kicevo Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kicevo
- 12 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Kicevo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kicevo
Photos in KicevoSee All Photos (63)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 122 reviews, 515 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 108 reviews, 387 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 108 reviews, 362 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stip Intro, 44 reviews, 243 photos, 9 travelogues
- Strumica Intro, 36 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kratovo Intro, 29 reviews, 181 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zutphen Intro, 43 reviews, 132 photos
- Stobi Intro, 21 reviews, 143 photos, 8 travelogues
- Borger Intro, 34 reviews, 119 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 45 reviews, 105 photos