Ohrid Hotel Tips by Pijlmans Top 5 Page for this destination
Ohrid Hotels: 1,307 reviews and 216 photos
During the summer of 2014, two of my friends stayed in this hotel, which is located outside of the old center of Ohrid.
It is conveniently located between the old center and the first beaches of Lake Ohrid.
The staff was very friendly, and spoke excellent English.
They even were so friendly to let me (who was not even staying in the hotel) print some documents that I urgently needed.
My friends could use two bikes for free during their stay.
The only negative point was that the rooms are a bit thin-walled/noisy, but this was not a huge problem. My friends would fully recommend this friendly hotel!
In 2014 they paid 35 euros for a double room.
Address: ul. Spas Bandzov br. 22
Comparison: about average
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +38946261530 or +38978208903
Monastery St Stefan lodging houses
When we visited the cave church and monastery of St Stefan in 2014 we found out that the friendly old woman Raina, who used to take care of the church and drink coffee with us, had passed away.
Raina's job has been taken over by a friendly young girl from Ohrid, who showed us the rooms in the recently built lodging houses, and made us a coffee.
More lodging houses are currently under construction, but you can already stay in the lodging houses that are finished.
The view from the room that she showed us was amazing, overseeing lake Ohrid. The rooms have TV and even WiFi.
The price for a room was 400 denar per person (almost 7 euro).
You can contact Father Sasho for information: +389 (0)78 331 450
Unique Qualities: The view!
Address: Sveti Stefan (Shipokno), 6000 Ohrid
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: N41° 04' 29.1" E20° 48' 15.5"
Phone: +389 (0)78 331 450
Price: less than US$20
Ohrid bus station
When you get off the bus from Skopje to Ohrid, more often than not local people are waiting at the bus station in Ohrid to offer you a room. Keep this in mind before you book an expensive hotel!
In 2009 I noticed that there are also many people standing along the main road through Ohrid (the one that goes through Ohrid to St Naum (Bulevard Turisticka) with cardboard signs saying "SOBI" (rooms). They try to get the attention of cars coming into Ohrid.
I cannot actually say that I have gotten a room like this myself, since my family-in-law have a house in Ohrid.
But it would be an option for me when this would not be the case!
Comparison: less expensive than average
Price: less than US$20
I have not stayed here myself, but the owner was so friendly to explain us some facts about the Lower Gate, and let us onto his patio to take some pictures of the town wall.
A room should be around 15 euro per night. It is right in the old center of Ohrid.
Address: Tsar Samoil 26, Ohrid
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: +38946267243; GSM +38970249507
Lake view at Villa Dea
Very nice modern hotel/appartments in the center of Ohrid with superb view at the lake. The hotel is located at the boulevard along the lake, close to the old harbour, see the website below for the exact location.
Villa Dea Hotel is for accomodation only, they do not have a restaurant. They advice you to have breakfast in the hotel on the other site of the street, but that hotel is very expensive. You better get some sandwiches at one of the excellent bakeries in the neighbourhood and eat them alongsite the lake!
The hotel is located above its own bar, so try to get rooms that are on the third floor, it will be less noisy. Also better view at the lake!
The entrance to the hotel is on the same street as Restaurant Fontana, and if you walk until the big crossing with the trafic lights, there is a big supermarket and a great place for take-away skara (grilled meat). At the same crossing are also some bakeries.
Address: Ul. Kej M. Tito 40, Ohrid
Comparison: about average
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +389 (0)46 26 52 51
More Reviews (128)
- Toll for the road through Galicica...
- See All Excavation
- See All Mind your step
- See All Roundtrip from Velestovo through...
- See All Samotska Dupka Cave in Galicica National...
Pijlmans' Related Pages
Ohrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ohridskoto Ezero"
- "Ohrid - City of centuries"
- "OHRID - MACEDONIA'S RIVIERA"
- "Ohrid – Treasury of Religious Art"
- "Sveti Jovan Kaneo - "Before the Rain""
- "SECOND OFFICIAL VT DINNER IN OHRID"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ohrid
- Hotels in Ohrid
- Transportation in Ohrid
- Nightlife in Ohrid
- Restaurants in Ohrid
- Shopping in Ohrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Ohrid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ohrid
- 133 Reviews
- 571 Photos
- 52 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Ohrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ohrid
- Posted in Travel FYR of Macedonia Forum "Re: Hiking late March"
- Wrote a Review Toll for the road through Galicica National Park in Ohrid Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Toll for the road through Galicica National Park"
- updated a Ohrid Travelogue "Elshani-Konjsko hike in Galicica NP part 2/2"
- Commented on one of Pijlmans's Ohrid travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Ohrid
Read real reviews about Ohrid Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 133 reviews, 571 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 109 reviews, 388 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 110 reviews, 366 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stip Intro, 44 reviews, 243 photos, 9 travelogues
- Strumica Intro, 36 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kratovo Intro, 29 reviews, 181 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zutphen Intro, 43 reviews, 132 photos
- Stobi Intro, 21 reviews, 143 photos, 8 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 47 reviews, 107 photos
- Borger Intro, 34 reviews, 119 photos
- other churches & monasteries- 56 Reviews, 172 Photos
- samuil fortress- 29 Reviews, 81 Photos
- on the lake...- 20 Reviews, 52 Photos
- old town & architecture- 26 Reviews, 55 Photos
- st. jovan kaneo- 18 Reviews, 49 Photos
- st. naum- 14 Reviews, 35 Photos
- st. sophia- 23 Reviews, 64 Photos
- amphitheater- 19 Reviews, 42 Photos
- plaoshnik- 13 Reviews, 37 Photos
- st. climent- 13 Reviews, 35 Photos
See All Ohrid Things to Do