Ohrid Hotel Tips by Pijlmans Top 5 Page for this destination
Ohrid Hotels: 973 reviews and 212 photos
Ohrid bus station
When you get off the bus from Skopje to Ohrid, more often than not local people are waiting at the bus station in Ohrid to offer you a room. Keep this in mind before you book an expensive hotel!
In 2009 I noticed that there are also many people standing along the main road through Ohrid (the one that goes through Ohrid to St Naum (Bulevard Turisticka) with cardboard signs saying "SOBI" (rooms). They try to get the attention of cars coming into Ohrid.
I cannot actually say that I have gotten a room like this myself, since my family-in-law have a house in Ohrid.
But it would be an option for me when this would not be the case!
Comparison: less expensive than average
Price: less than US$20
I have not stayed here myself, but the owner was so friendly to explain us some facts about the Lower Gate, and let us onto his patio to take some pictures of the town wall.
A room should be around 15 euro per night. It is right in the old center of Ohrid.
Address: Tsar Samoil 26, Ohrid
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: +38946267243; GSM +38970249507
Lake view at Villa Dea
Very nice modern hotel/appartments in the center of Ohrid with superb view at the lake. The hotel is located at the boulevard along the lake, close to the old harbour, see the website below for the exact location.
Villa Dea Hotel is for accomodation only, they do not have a restaurant. They advice you to have breakfast in the hotel on the other site of the street, but that hotel is very expensive. You better get some sandwiches at one of the excellent bakeries in the neighbourhood and eat them alongsite the lake!
The hotel is located above its own bar, so try to get rooms that are on the third floor, it will be less noisy. Also better view at the lake!
The entrance to the hotel is on the same street as Restaurant Fontana, and if you walk until the big crossing with the trafic lights, there is a big supermarket and a great place for take-away skara (grilled meat). At the same crossing are also some bakeries.
Address: Ul. Kej M. Tito 40, Ohrid
Comparison: about average
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +389 (0)46 26 52 51
More Reviews (119)
- See All Map of Galicica National Park
- See All Church of St Dimitrija
- See All Duvalo Volcano in Kosel
- See All Tourist Information
Pijlmans' Related Pages
Ohrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ohrid - City of centuries"
- "Ohridskoto Ezero"
- "OHRID - MACEDONIA'S RIVIERA"
- "Ohrid – Treasury of Religious Art"
- "Sveti Jovan Kaneo - "Before the Rain""
- "SECOND OFFICIAL VT DINNER IN OHRID"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ohrid
- Hotels in Ohrid
- Transportation in Ohrid
- Nightlife in Ohrid
- Restaurants in Ohrid
- Shopping in Ohrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Ohrid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ohrid
- 122 Reviews
- 515 Photos
- 51 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Ohrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ohrid
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "Re: Where to park in Amsterdam? "
- Commented on one of Pijlmans's Ohrid travel pages
- updated a Ohrid Travelogue "Hike to Peak Magaro"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visit St Naum by boat from Ohrid"
- Wrote a Review Map of Galicica National Park in Ohrid Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Video to Ohrid
Photos in OhridSee All Photos (515)
Read real reviews about Ohrid Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 122 reviews, 515 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 109 reviews, 388 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 108 reviews, 362 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stip Intro, 44 reviews, 243 photos, 9 travelogues
- Strumica Intro, 36 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kratovo Intro, 29 reviews, 181 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zutphen Intro, 43 reviews, 132 photos
- Stobi Intro, 21 reviews, 143 photos, 8 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 47 reviews, 107 photos
- Borger Intro, 34 reviews, 119 photos
- other churches & monasteries- 56 Reviews, 173 Photos
- on the lake...- 23 Reviews, 59 Photos
- samuil fortress- 29 Reviews, 81 Photos
- st. jovan kaneo- 19 Reviews, 51 Photos
- st. sophia- 24 Reviews, 66 Photos
- old town & architecture- 28 Reviews, 60 Photos
- amphitheater- 19 Reviews, 42 Photos
- st. naum- 16 Reviews, 41 Photos
- st. climent- 13 Reviews, 35 Photos
- plaoshnik- 14 Reviews, 40 Photos
See All Ohrid Things to Do