"Resen" Resen by Pijlmans
Resen Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 48 photos
The road from Ohrid to Bitola passes through Resen. Although we have driven this road several times, we never stopped to explore Resen.
This time it was different: Resen was our destination for some hours of sightseeing.
Resen is famous for it's apples but i did not have one...
There's not too much to do in Resen.
The most interesting sight is the building Saraj, that looks like a French palace.
Saraj houses a gallery of the Resen Ceramics Colony, a small museum and an exposition of the Macedonian painter Keratza Visulceva.
Close to Resen is the women's Monastery of St Bogorodica near the village Jankovec that is also worth a visit, especially because of the friendly English speaking nun who lives there.
After we visited Resen we drove to the rural village of Maloviste for some more sighseeing and a short hike to the Monastery of St Ana.
This mosque is near the center of the town of Resen. A sign on the building says "Haci Ramadan, Beg Camisi, 1592 Yili" more travel advice
This church is dedicated to St George. It is likely from the 19th century, on one of the sites there is a sculpture in... more travel advice
Pijlmans' Related Pages
Resen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Resne (or Resen)"
- "From Loara valley to Prespa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Resen
- Hotels in Resen
- Transportation in Resen
- Nightlife in Resen
- Shopping in Resen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Resen
- 9 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Resen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Resen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 122 reviews, 515 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 109 reviews, 388 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 108 reviews, 362 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stip Intro, 44 reviews, 243 photos, 9 travelogues
- Strumica Intro, 36 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kratovo Intro, 29 reviews, 181 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zutphen Intro, 43 reviews, 132 photos
- Stobi Intro, 21 reviews, 143 photos, 8 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 47 reviews, 107 photos
- Borger Intro, 34 reviews, 119 photos