"Velgosti" Velgosti by Pijlmans
Velgosti Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 55 photos
Velgosti is a small village close to Ohrid. It is the first village on your right off the road from Ohrid to Resen and Bitola.
You can also reach Velgosti from Ohrid by a hiking trail of 6.5 km. The trail starts close to the Biljana Springs in Ohrid and goes via the rural village Ramne to Velgosti.
There are several churches in and around Velgosti.
The most famous is the Monastery and Church of St Petka.
This is a working monastery where you can stay for very little money.
In the hills surrounding Velgosti, other churches can be found:
Church of St Ilija
Church of St Nikolai
Cave Church of St Bogorodica (St Mother of God)
Church of St Rusa Sreda (St Blond Wednesday)
Additionally, the Church of St Nedela (St Sunday) is close to the Monastery of St Petka.
A legend about the Cave Church St Bogorodica: Originally this church has been dedicated to St Petka. In this cave... more travel advice
The Church of St Nikolai is located in the hills near the village Velgosti. You can reach the church hiking, e.g. from... more travel advice
Pijlmans' Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Velgosti
- 12 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Velgosti?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Velgosti
Photos in VelgostiSee All Photos (55)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 122 reviews, 515 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 109 reviews, 388 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 108 reviews, 362 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stip Intro, 44 reviews, 243 photos, 9 travelogues
- Strumica Intro, 36 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kratovo Intro, 29 reviews, 181 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zutphen Intro, 43 reviews, 132 photos
- Stobi Intro, 21 reviews, 143 photos, 8 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 47 reviews, 107 photos
- Borger Intro, 34 reviews, 119 photos