"Vinica" Vinica by Pijlmans
Vinica Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 49 photos
Vinica is a village in the northeast of Macedonia, close to Kocani. The name Vinica originates from the first half of the 7th century, because of the grapevine growing and grape processing into wine.
It has an interesting, quite well preserved and partially restored fortress, also called "Kale".
Vinica Kale is famous for the Terracotta Icons from the 6th and 7th century that were found there.
The archeological site Gorica is just outside of Vinica. Gorica was a settlement in the 4th-6th century. Artifacts in... more travel advice
Pijlmans' Related Pages
Vinica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "There are Two Vinicas"
- "VINICA a place where I always feel good"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vinica
- 2 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Vinica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vinica
Photos in VinicaSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 122 reviews, 515 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 109 reviews, 388 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 108 reviews, 362 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stip Intro, 44 reviews, 243 photos, 9 travelogues
- Strumica Intro, 36 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kratovo Intro, 29 reviews, 181 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zutphen Intro, 43 reviews, 132 photos
- Stobi Intro, 21 reviews, 143 photos, 8 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 47 reviews, 107 photos
- Borger Intro, 34 reviews, 119 photos