"La Palma: Paradise for hiking" Isla de La Palma by Pijlmans
Isla de La Palma Travel Guide: 151 reviews and 336 photos
La Palma is an island of contrasts: The green and wet northeast with its laurel forests, the dry south with its volcanoes, the rough coasts...
The island is particularly well equipped for hikes: Many well marked routes can be found across the island. The extreme diversity of the landscape on such a small island ensures that you can walk in a different surrounding day after day.
There are many guides available that describe walks on the island. Besides a good walking guide, it is wise to get a detailed map as well, because the island is subjected to continuous change and paths or marks may have changed after the publication of the guide.
We rented a car so we could explore every corner of the island. The public transport is supposed to be quite good as well though.
The most famous part of the island probably is the Caldera de Taburiente, a huge erosion crater. They say that you have not seen the island unless you spend at least a day in this national park.
High hiking shoes and walking sticks. La Palma is a very steep island! Take a (light weight) jacket on your hikes, it... more travel advice
Many walking guides are available for La Palma. Since the island is subjected to continuous change and development, it... more travel advice
Pijlmans' Related Pages
Isla de La Palma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "La Palma"
- "Isla de la Palma"
- "Isla Bonita"
- "La Palma island, everlasting springtime"
- "Palma - La Isla Bonita"
- "la caldera del taburiente. going out"
- "La Isla Bonita"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de La Palma
- Hotels in Isla de La Palma
- Transportation in Isla de La Palma
- Nightlife in Isla de La Palma
- Restaurants in Isla de La Palma
- Shopping in Isla de La Palma
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de La Palma
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla de La Palma
- 20 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Isla de La Palma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de La Palma
- Posted in Travel Kosovo Forum "Re: Status of The railway lines..."
- updated a Isla de La Palma Travel Page "La Palma: Paradise for hiking"
- Wrote a Review Hiking equipment in Isla de La Palma What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "Roque de Idafe in the Caldera de Taburiente"
- Commented on one of sachara's Isla de La Palma travel pages
Photos in Isla de La PalmaSee All Photos (79)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 133 reviews, 571 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopje Intro, 109 reviews, 388 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination FYR of Macedonia Intro, 109 reviews, 365 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stip Intro, 44 reviews, 243 photos, 9 travelogues
- Strumica Intro, 36 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kratovo Intro, 29 reviews, 181 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zutphen Intro, 43 reviews, 132 photos
- Stobi Intro, 21 reviews, 143 photos, 8 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 47 reviews, 107 photos
- Borger Intro, 34 reviews, 119 photos