My Favorite Pages

Bitola, Republic of Macedonia
Travelogues

Travel Map

BoroD Aug 7, 2015 at 9:38 AM

JANKOV KAMEN - VEVCHANI! NOT OKTISI!

• Pijlmans's Profile Photo
    Pijlmans Aug 7, 2015 at 10:28 AM

Hi BoroD and welcome to VT! The picnic place Jankov Kamen is in the mountains close to both villages Vevchani and Oktisi in Macedonia. Do you mean it officially belongs to Vevchani?

• BoroD Aug 16, 2015 at 2:43 AM

Hi! I am from Vevchani!

BartH80 Jul 22, 2015 at 4:54 PM

Hi - Do you have up-to-date information about the need for permission to hike the trails in Macedonia? Several other -possibly outdated- posts on the internet talk about fines when they catch you without permission or guide. We will be in Macedonia next week.

• Pijlmans's Profile Photo
    Pijlmans Jul 22, 2015 at 9:39 PM

You better ask your question in the forum: FYR of Macedonia Travel Forum

To my knowledge there is no fine for hiking w/o a guide. There was a huge fine when there were forest fires a couple of years ago, if you were caught in the forests, but that does not apply at the moment. Last year you had to pay to enter Galicica NP by car via the mountain road from Ohrid to Prespa, and an extra fee if you went hiking in the park. I am not sure what the exact rules are if you enter the NP somewhere else, or how this applies to other NP. Again:please re-post your question in the forum so others can jump in as well...Have fun in MK!

Chinggis_n_Borte's Profile Photo
Chinggis_n_Borte Jun 17, 2015 at 1:55 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Couple of Questions about Amsterdam'. You've been a huge help.

Phyllis-Omar's Profile Photo
Phyllis-Omar Jun 17, 2015 at 6:06 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Lake Matka'. Dennis,
Thanks very much for your information and advice. However my father who is 75 years old will be with us so I do not think he can walk that distance. Otherwise I would love to follow your advice and hike there

Chinggis_n_Borte's Profile Photo
Chinggis_n_Borte Jun 15, 2015 at 3:04 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Travel / transport card options for Amsterdam for 4 nights?'. I appreciate your advice.

Cruise4lifer Jun 11, 2015 at 7:10 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Transportation from Amsterdam to Ijmuiden cruise port'. I appreciate your advice.

buitensorg's Profile Photo
buitensorg Jun 2, 2015 at 4:20 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'FURNISHED apartment for 1 or 2 months'. I appreciate your advice.

sandranunes's Profile Photo
sandranunes May 7, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Online tickets for Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum '. I appreciate your advice.

sandranunes's Profile Photo
sandranunes May 6, 2015 at 12:34 PM

briantravelman's Profile Photo
briantravelman May 3, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Happy Birthday man, hope you had a good one