"Vostani Serbije!" Republic of Serbia by KonstantinII
Republic of Serbia Travel Guide: 5,286 reviews and 13,424 photos
The song was written by one of the greatest men that Serbia had in it's "renaissance" period (end of 18 century and the begining of 19 century).
He's name is Dositej Obradovic.
The song was writen at the time when Serbia was preparing to regain power over it's destiny and free itself from Turkish rulle.
For almost 500 years Muslim Otoman Empire rulled (in most savage ways) in Serb lands.
You slept for too long.
Lieing in darknes, it's time to wake!
Rise Queen of our nation!
According to the International Red Cross Organization there are more than 700 000 refuges living in Serbia.
Most of them are ex citizens of ex Yugoslavia, exiled from Croatia, that can't go back to their homes.
There were more of them living in Serbia, but some died (cause they were old and weren't properly prepared for modern types of ethnic cleansing ;o)))) and some ran away from Serbia.
They got out of here in "Milosevic's time" because...
...well, because they could get out. We (others) couldn't leave, so we had to stay ;o))))))
But, now things are getting better.
Well, except for the fact that, how the things are going, Serbia and Montenegro will have to pay for the war damage that Serbs committed in Croatia and Bosnia (Oh, maybe in Slovenia too. Who knows, I heard that airplane that flew through Ljubljana (Laibach) broke a lot of windows.)
(forgive me for this black humour)
So, beside that we are still normal.
O I forgot, NATO bombed Serbia and Montenegro!
How could I forget that?!?!
It was a lot of fun!!!
For 3 months we stopped living.
Unfortunately, some of our friends didn't go on like we did. But that's life!
Everyone would like to have a beautiful postcard of his/her life, but sometimes it's just a picture of ruins of Hiroshima in 1945 or Vukovar in 1991, or Sarajevo in 1992 - 1995 or Belgrade in 1915, or Belgrade on 6th April 1941, or Belgrade in 1943!
I think I forgot something...
...or Belgrade in 1999.
(or maybe just plane field on the place where a city once was, like Aleksinac)
well, or like NY 9-11
For those interested, there are some funny looking buildings that are still standing in the center of Belgrade with large wholes in them (from Tomahawks)...
It's fantastic sight. Tourists from all over the world just love it!
So, as Madelyn Albright once said (she lived and was raised in Belgrade): You Serbs you only know History, who cares about that!!!!
That's why I am offering you Serbia as it is!
No history bull..., no regrets and no memory of life before Communists! Communists in Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, which are still governing...
We are just one big, hungry tourist attraction.
Welcome to Serbia and Montenegro!
- Pros:Very interesting people!
- Cons:Don't stay too long, you might become interesting yourself!
- In a nutshell:figure it out yourself!
River boats on Danube in Veliko Gradiste. On the Serbia and Montenegro - Romania river border line. Danube river is the... more travel advice
Yugo is being produced (mostly) in beautiful city of Kragujevac. Crvena Zastava (Red Flag) factory was “partially” ... more travel advice
KonstantinII's Related Pages
Republic of Serbia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "S R B I J A"
- "Welcome to my world ..."
- "WELCOME TO SERBIA"
- "Republic of Serbia"
- "Visiting medieval monasteries"
- "Budapest->Belgrade->Sofia->Istanbul: the..."
- "Vostani Serbije!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Republic of Serbia
- Hotels in Republic of Serbia
- Transportation in Republic of Serbia
- Nightlife in Republic of Serbia
- Restaurants in Republic of Serbia
- Shopping in Republic of Serbia
- Warnings and Dangers in Republic of Serbia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Republic of Serbia
- 74 Reviews
- 95 Photos
- 33 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Republic of Serbia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Republic of Serbia
- Posted in Travel Netherlands Forum "RE: RE: Beer addicted needs..."
- Commented on one of MajaBelgrade's Republic of Serbia travel pages
- Wrote a Review Spring on Danube in Serbia! ;o))) in Republic of Serbia Things to Do
- updated a Republic of Serbia Travel Page "Vostani Serbije!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Vostani Serbije!"
Top 10 Pages
- Belgrade Intro, 50 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Montenegro Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Herceg-Novi Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skopelos Island Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Lovcen Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Republic of Serbia Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pozarevac Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Golubac Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Former Republic of Serbia and Montenegro Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Kuwait Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos