"Vostani Serbije!" Republic of Serbia by KonstantinII

Republic of Serbia Travel Guide: 5,274 reviews and 13,402 photos

the great song of ressurection of Serbian State

The song was written by one of the greatest men that Serbia had in it's "renaissance" period (end of 18 century and the begining of 19 century).
He's name is Dositej Obradovic.

The song was writen at the time when Serbia was preparing to regain power over it's destiny and free itself from Turkish rulle.
For almost 500 years Muslim Otoman Empire rulled (in most savage ways) in Serb lands.

"Rise Serbia!
Rise Serbia!
You slept for too long.
Lieing in darknes, it's time to wake!
Rise Queen of our nation!
..."

How about them apples?!!!!

According to the International Red Cross Organization there are more than 700 000 refuges living in Serbia.
Most of them are ex citizens of ex Yugoslavia, exiled from Croatia, that can't go back to their homes.
There were more of them living in Serbia, but some died (cause they were old and weren't properly prepared for modern types of ethnic cleansing ;o)))) and some ran away from Serbia.
They got out of here in "Milosevic's time" because...
...well, because they could get out. We (others) couldn't leave, so we had to stay ;o))))))
But, now things are getting better.
Well, except for the fact that, how the things are going, Serbia and Montenegro will have to pay for the war damage that Serbs committed in Croatia and Bosnia (Oh, maybe in Slovenia too. Who knows, I heard that airplane that flew through Ljubljana (Laibach) broke a lot of windows.)
(forgive me for this black humour)

So, beside that we are still normal.
O I forgot, NATO bombed Serbia and Montenegro!
How could I forget that?!?!
It was a lot of fun!!!
For 3 months we stopped living.
Unfortunately, some of our friends didn't go on like we did. But that's life!

Hiroshima in your CV!

Everyone would like to have a beautiful postcard of his/her life, but sometimes it's just a picture of ruins of Hiroshima in 1945 or Vukovar in 1991, or Sarajevo in 1992 - 1995 or Belgrade in 1915, or Belgrade on 6th April 1941, or Belgrade in 1943!
I think I forgot something...
...ahh yes!
...or Belgrade in 1999.
(or maybe just plane field on the place where a city once was, like Aleksinac)
well, or like NY 9-11

For those interested, there are some funny looking buildings that are still standing in the center of Belgrade with large wholes in them (from Tomahawks)...
It's fantastic sight. Tourists from all over the world just love it!

So, as Madelyn Albright once said (she lived and was raised in Belgrade): You Serbs you only know History, who cares about that!!!!

That's why I am offering you Serbia as it is!
No history bull..., no regrets and no memory of life before Communists! Communists in Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia, Slovenia, which are still governing...

We are just one big, hungry tourist attraction.

Welcome to Serbia and Montenegro!

;o))))))))))))))))))))

• Pros:Very interesting people!
  • Cons:Don't stay too long, you might become interesting yourself!
  • In a nutshell:figure it out yourself!
  • Intro Updated Mar 13, 2004

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2008 at 12:21 PM

Hello, Pedja! It was interesting to read your exciting pages!

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2006 at 11:29 AM

Samo sto sam uzela odmor pa idem da vidim neko jezero ovdije u okolini. Kazi me gdije je sad Djole Balashevis? Jel ima neke nove pjesme?

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2005 at 11:40 AM

You forgot to mention that yugo can run on KEROSENE too. It was very useful during the economical sanctions especially If you lived near airport as I did. And just to mention I prefer Dzivdzan! Great stuff here, Pedja...

• MissyWQ's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2004 at 6:51 PM

Merry Christmas and a Great New Year to you. Michael Jackson must think he is Royal. A Royal pain. He lives near me and I was to his home before he bought it.

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2004 at 8:17 AM

You've got good sense of humor,... keep it up KonstantinII... (and curious after your friends thought about The Hague), greetzzz RoyJava

• Beograd's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2004 at 6:31 AM

Another great page Pedja..

• hairpin's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2004 at 10:42 AM

I respect the Yugo! :) Much safer option than riding a motorcycle with 3 people piled on top! I also enjoyed your bit on the "people you know". Very educational! Peace! And thanks for saying "hi".

• El_Radisa's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2004 at 11:26 AM

nice page.. yea, they are making yugo now too, bit modern but still it is YUGO.. site. http://www.zpk.co.yu/foto_album.htm and they cost from 2500-4000 euros.. depending on equipement.

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2004 at 10:08 AM

Oh yuck. I had no idea that Michael Jackson was wearing the Order of the White Eagle when he pleaded not guilty. Interesting pages~!

• craic's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2004 at 9:52 AM

Most amusing. (But I can't figure it out myself.)

KonstantinII

“If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough ! ! !”

Badges & Stats in Republic of Serbia

Have you been to Republic of Serbia?

Latest Activity in Republic of Serbia