"Suzhou, not just another city" Suzhou by Yoshi-san
Suzhou Travel Guide: 347 reviews and 1,117 photos
Pictured in this intro page are just a sampling of what you can find in Suzhou. I recently toured the Humble Administrato's Garden. I find nothing humble about the garden iteself as it is spectacular with intricate pathways and lotus plants on steroids. A must see if you are ever in the area. There are at least dozens of other famous and scenic gardens for you to explore.
The garden is a good example of blend of all the fundamental elements of water, plant, earth and people. Of course, it is difficult to predict the behaviour of visitors. But the garden is quite large and it is often possible to find a small piece of the garden to enjoy with relative peace. One can always bring an iPod if you really want isolation. Beauty surrounds you everywhere you go. It is easy to loose track of time if you take to time to sit and really relax and take in the beauty of it all.
One of the masterful designs of the garden is the seemingly perfect blend of contrast and texture as demonstrated by the choice of foilage and architecture. The water which makes up most of the garden is the medium which connects it all together. The design of this garden is not by accident, very lovely place to visit.
- Pros:Good alternative to Hangzhou
- Cons:More gardens than you will have time to see
Yoshi-san's Related Pages
Suzhou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Suzhou - Gardens and Canals"
- "Fabled city of gardens"
- "Suzhou - Shang You Tian Tang Xia You Su Hang!"
- "Suzhou has it all"
- "Garden City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Suzhou
- Hotels in Suzhou
- Transportation in Suzhou
- Nightlife in Suzhou
- Restaurants in Suzhou
- Shopping in Suzhou
- Warnings and Dangers in Suzhou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Suzhou
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Suzhou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Suzhou
Top 10 Pages
- Taiwan Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Himeji Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- West Horsham Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Hangzhou Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 3 photos
- London Intro, 3 photos
- Busan Intro, 3 photos