"The Adventure" Isla de Roatán by UWCAVEMAN

Isla de Roatán Travel Guide: 311 reviews and 721 photos

Flowers Bay House

I am much newer to this group than our house is. When I began searching for info on the Island of Roatan and particularly the Flowers Bay area I found this site. We are very excited to be the new owners of this home as of December 1st 2003. The locals are very friendly and the views are spectacular. We have snorkleled a few times off the back steps and will be diving in the future as long as the weather cooperates. We will be visiting as often as possible for now and hope to spend probably half the year there in the future. We have to make some minor repairs to the house and it is pretty close to being ready for guests interested in renting. The home is off the beaten path and it would better suit someone to have a rental car if they were to stay there.

• Pros:Great people, great diving, great food. Still has Island feel, Not overdeveloped
  • Cons:Getting there can be a little tricky at times, When it rains it really rains
  • In a nutshell:In a nutshell? We bought a house there, "nuff said"
  • Last visit to Isla de Roatán: Dec 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 24, 2004

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2011 at 12:25 PM

EXCELLENT Roatan tips - and wonderful photos! How lucky you are to have found a place you love so much as to buy a home there! Good luck - I look forward to reading more of your tips!

• catalysta's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2007 at 11:46 AM

What a cool home!!! Just got back from a Roatan dive trip with ScubaCat, and I am soooo jealous that you have a house there. Gorgeous reefs, diving is the best. Happy bubble trails to you. W

• UWCAVEMAN's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2006 at 10:15 AM

I am down about quarterly for a week or two. My home is rented more just to keep it alive rather than any type of profit thing.

• ScubaCat's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2006 at 4:31 PM

Excellant Tips!! Btw, Lucky you! I'd love to own a Carribean Home! Do you get down there often?

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2006 at 6:48 PM

Hope you have a wonderful day and Happy birthday to you.

• Mar 7, 2006 at 10:28 AM

Nice, Caveman. Looking to go down in May or June, let me know if you have decided to rent out the Blue House, looks perfect.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2005 at 8:30 AM

seems like a nice place to have a holiday home good page

• paradisedreamer's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2004 at 5:47 AM

We'll be there in a few months time!!

• annk's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2004 at 8:14 AM

What a nice house you purchased! I hope to visit the island this year.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2004 at 7:34 PM

Do you rent your place out?

UWCAVEMAN's Related Pages

UWCAVEMAN

“Favorite place is one I have not been to yet”

Badges & Stats in Isla de Roatán

Have you been to Isla de Roatán?

Friends