"Charleston, South Carolina" Charleston by tatyanap
Charleston Travel Guide: 800 reviews and 1,760 photos
Charleston, South Carolina, is one of the most elegant cities in the world. My favorite activity in Charleston was to just roam the old streets and relieve the history!
It is impossible to describe Charleston -- you have to experience it! Atlanta is called Business Capital of the South. Charleston, SC should be called Culture Capital of the South.
I am an avid reader and so I won't be able to pinpoint my most favorite novel, but two of these novels are sure on my list of favorites:
Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley (the movie didn't do justice to this book at all)
and Celia Garth by Gwen Bristow.
Both of them describe Charleston.
The beach is pretty (Folly Beach) good, too.
See my tips for more information!
I can tell you one thing -- I would go back to Charleston anytime!
Charleston offers numerous historic inns and B&Bs. They are expensive, but I think worth the money. Here are some places... more travel advice
tatyanap's Related Pages
Charleston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charleston, SC"
- "Welcome to Charleston SC"
- "charleston, south carolina"
- "The Definitive Guide to Charleston, SC"
- "Queen of the South"
- "The City of Southern Charm, Charleston"
- "Lovely Charleston"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Charleston
- Hotels in Charleston
- Transportation in Charleston
- Nightlife in Charleston
- Restaurants in Charleston
- Shopping in Charleston
- Warnings and Dangers in Charleston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Charleston
- 21 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Charleston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Charleston
Photos in CharlestonSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Charleston Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos
- Bainbridge Intro, 18 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daytona Beach Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Moscow Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Key West Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Warm Springs Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Jacksonville Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Orlando Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Key Largo Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos