"Atlanta, GA -- USA" Atlanta by tatyanap

Atlanta Travel Guide: 1,494 reviews and 2,681 photos

Welcome to Atlanta, Georgia, page!

Atlanta is a capital of the state of Georgia; it is located in the southeastern United States. It is also known as a capital of the South.

If you ever read or at least heard about "Gone with the Wind" book by Margaret Mitchell, it is about Atlanta and suburbs of Atlanta. Clayton County, where Scarlett supposedly lived, is located about 20-30 minutes from Atlanta.

Atlanta is a beautiful city -- you will find spectacular skyscrapers, charming Colonial and Victorian houses, plenty of entertainment -- Fox Theatre, Turner Field, Civic Center, Atlanta Ballet -- just to name the few, lots of great restaraunts -- Cheesecake Factory (fancy), Varsity (true American fast food), etc. This list can go on, and on, and on...

The best view of Atlanta is from about Six Flags exit on I-20. It looks like a perfect postcard!!!

The symbol of Atlanta is Phoenix -- symbolizing its rising from the Civil War ashes to a capital of the South.

I can promise you -- if you ever come to Atlanta, you won't be bored, no matter what are your interests!!! :-D

• Pros:Lots to do for everybody!
  • Cons:People drive like maniacs!
  • In a nutshell:If you are a good AND fearless driver, you will LOVE Atlanta! If not, take the MARTA and you will still LOVE Atlanta!
  • Last visit to Atlanta: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 18, 2003

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2005 at 6:20 PM

I love this city. I was just there last weekend and did drive in the traffic...lol. So much to see and do.

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2005 at 5:51 AM

Cheesecake factory rings a bell after seeing Britney buying a heap of sweet. Poor baby likely to be named Vegas :-)

• Michael_D's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2005 at 10:04 AM

I have visted Atlanta many times and worked at the Olympics in 1996. I am a FEARLESS driver but I also love MARTA LOL Michael

• Jun 7, 2004 at 4:15 PM

I've been in the Georgia Dome also!!! I was there for a marching band competition. It was soooo big!!! And those echos... boy they're loud!!! No, I haven't heard of that book, but I'll look for it. :-)

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2004 at 9:00 PM

I would love to visit Atlanta.. always hear good things. wow free..!!!! to the Georgia Dome!!. What an exciting experience for you. I know I wouldn't try and drive there:-)

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2004 at 11:05 PM

a great thrill the falcons game i bet...!

• fa330's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2003 at 11:13 AM

Thanks Tatyana...I love this city!! And your page is wonderful!! :)

tatyanap

“Psalm 120:8: "The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevemore."”

Badges & Stats in Atlanta

Have you been to Atlanta?

Latest Activity in Atlanta