"Solitude" Canyonlands National Park by Combinedefx
Canyonlands National Park Travel Guide: 203 reviews and 476 photos
Canyonlands is the place to go to really get away from it all. We spent 2-3 days here, resting at Squaw Peak campground in the Needles Section. I can’t rave enough about this area. There is a silence that stuns. The breeze spoke to us through the needles of pinon and juniper pines as well as the wings of a raven as it soared just overhead. Yes, the silence was this pure. The air too was pure, filtered through the boughs of timeless pines. There is a contrast between the heaviness of gigantic rock formations and the naked expanse between them. The difference between day and night is severe. The warm days turn into comfortable nights. The landscape turns from a multicolored and textured canvas to a black and white chalkboard of the night sky. Sitting atop an outcrop accessed directly from our campsite we laid back to look at the pinholed slate above us. Incredible. The sky stretched as far as our eyes could see. Really, 360*. Shooting stars were commonplace among the resting points of light. The Milky Way was clear as can be. We could not believe our eyes! This is a truly magnificent place to behold.
- Pros:Quietude, Serenity, Pure Air, Big Skies
- Cons:None for us
- In a nutshell:A sensory feast.
Here is a view from the trails end. The seven miles in was well worth the very fun and very tiring ride. Our excitement... more travel advice
The famous Newspaper Rock is along the route into the Needles section. It is in a beautiful verdant valley where a... more travel advice
Combinedefx's Related Pages
Canyonlands National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of the Canyons"
- "Kimberlyann's Canyonlands National Park, Utah"
- "Basaic Canyonlands National Park Page"
- "Large Park Spread Over Miles"
- "Canyonlands, Island in the Sky District"
- "The Watermelon Settlement: Canyonlands"
- "Canyonlands - Remote, Tough, and Beautiful"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canyonlands National Park
- Hotels in Canyonlands National Park
- Transportation in Canyonlands National Park
- Restaurants in Canyonlands National Park
- Shopping in Canyonlands National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Canyonlands National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Canyonlands National Park
- 13 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Canyonlands National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canyonlands National Park
Photos in Canyonlands National ParkSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Zion National Park Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Everglades National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Valley of Fire State Park Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Canyonlands National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Grand Canyon Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Cedar Breaks National Monument Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Devils Den State Park 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Canyonlands National Park hotel reviews
- Squaw Flat Campground
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 24, 2013