"ERIE, PENNSYLVANIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Erie by beaniezotzim

Erie Travel Guide: 104 reviews and 209 photos

I have family that lives in Erie, so I try to go back and visit them every couple of years. I have been to Erie probably about 10 times in my lifetime and each time I come back here, I leave liking Erie a little bit more than the last visit. It is a city that doesn't hail too much attention from the rest of the country, but it is in essence a little "big"city. it has all of the ammenities of a big city, but within a more compact, friendly environment. from the "downtown" area to the tree lined neighborhoods and cathedral churches, this place is really nice. There are a few problem areas, but there always are with cities like this. The scenic places far outweigh the ugly. you only have to drive a couple miles and you can be picnicing, bike riding, beach-going, jogging, relaxing, or even riding roller coaster rides on the penninsula. I like Erie.... .more and more every time I visit.

here is the beach on the penninsula... such a pretty place.

driving down the road on the penninsula... the views are great while driving along. there are ample places to pull off and take a closer look at something that may catch your eye.

• Pros:Love coming here to visit Family and enjoy the city
  • Cons:Hate to leave my family
  • In a nutshell:a city worth "getting to know" - a very unassuming place
  • Last visit to Erie: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 24, 2005

Comments

beaniezotzim

“We're really doin' it Harry!!!”

Badges & Stats in Erie