"MY KO PHANGAN" Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Phangan by beaniezotzim

Ko Phangan Travel Guide: 396 reviews and 822 photos

Full moonin' it

Oh, such fun. The people watching alone was worth it. We stayed on a beach quite far from the full moon party beach. 200 baht later, we were all crammed into a "speed boat" for a half hour ride to Haad Rin (full moon party head quarters). after being dropped off in the shallow water, we were attacked by a small Thai boy selling light sticks for "twwwenteeee baht !" his business practices were questionable at best, if he could clasp the lightstick around something of yours (ex: a purse, a belt loop, your wrist) you would have to pay. Needless to say, I was being chased by said Thai boy up and down the beach until he finally gave up (I have longer legs). That was the precurser to the night...there were people walking around with snakes, monkeys, and baby aligators to pet for a fee, body painting, public nudity and/or sex, countless people on who knows what drug. , AND pizza! (perfect)
After a night of drinking countless red bulls, a few Mai Tais and a bucket or two later, I was having a great time looking for a pisssser (or shall I say a shadowy place where I could drop my drawers and pisss in peace without paying the 10-20 baht charge for the toilet) and watching people on E having sex on benches in front of all creation... It was great....ah memories of walking my gal pal behind a bungalow where she could empty the contents of her stomache and beg for a Denny's all night diner. what a night. we headed back to our beach soon after the barf fest...on a long tail boat..... in the middle of the night....soaking wet from the water spray and dreaming of our next full moon party!
People its a carnival for the eyes... I officially have a crush on the full moon party. (and I wasn't even on any drugs)

Something for everyone

This island is one of those "please everyone" types. Don't be afraid of all the full moon party talk. You can find yourself a perfectly quiet beach even with the full moon party looming. If you are into the Full moon party talk... well then much fun is to be enjoyed in this lovely place they call Haad Rin.....

Can we say "barkeep, another meakong please.."?

• Last visit to Ko Phangan: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 28, 2003

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2005 at 10:43 AM

Beautiful beaches, waterfalls and fullmoonparty! Great page!

• globerover's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2004 at 7:55 PM

a really most informative page on that island; we are planning to go there soon, so your tips will be a great help, thankx ...

• Antonio25's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2004 at 7:48 AM

great great great page!!! tell me, do you think that octuber is a good month to be in Koh Phangan ? weather is not so good isnt it ? kisses Viana

• AndreSTGT's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2004 at 1:31 PM

Ko Phangan has the nicest and most relaxed beach dogs in the world, i love them! Great page, might opt for Yai next time!

• genispp's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2003 at 12:38 AM

Beautiful page. I like your photos

beaniezotzim

“We're really doin' it Harry!!!”

Badges & Stats in Ko Phangan

Have you been to Ko Phangan?

Latest Activity in Ko Phangan