"MY KO PHANGAN" Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Phangan by beaniezotzim
Ko Phangan Travel Guide: 395 reviews and 822 photos
Oh, such fun. The people watching alone was worth it. We stayed on a beach quite far from the full moon party beach. 200 baht later, we were all crammed into a "speed boat" for a half hour ride to Haad Rin (full moon party head quarters). after being dropped off in the shallow water, we were attacked by a small Thai boy selling light sticks for "twwwenteeee baht !" his business practices were questionable at best, if he could clasp the lightstick around something of yours (ex: a purse, a belt loop, your wrist) you would have to pay. Needless to say, I was being chased by said Thai boy up and down the beach until he finally gave up (I have longer legs). That was the precurser to the night...there were people walking around with snakes, monkeys, and baby aligators to pet for a fee, body painting, public nudity and/or sex, countless people on who knows what drug. , AND pizza! (perfect)
After a night of drinking countless red bulls, a few Mai Tais and a bucket or two later, I was having a great time looking for a pisssser (or shall I say a shadowy place where I could drop my drawers and pisss in peace without paying the 10-20 baht charge for the toilet) and watching people on E having sex on benches in front of all creation... It was great....ah memories of walking my gal pal behind a bungalow where she could empty the contents of her stomache and beg for a Denny's all night diner. what a night. we headed back to our beach soon after the barf fest...on a long tail boat..... in the middle of the night....soaking wet from the water spray and dreaming of our next full moon party!
People its a carnival for the eyes... I officially have a crush on the full moon party. (and I wasn't even on any drugs)
This island is one of those "please everyone" types. Don't be afraid of all the full moon party talk. You can find yourself a perfectly quiet beach even with the full moon party looming. If you are into the Full moon party talk... well then much fun is to be enjoyed in this lovely place they call Haad Rin.....
Can we say "barkeep, another meakong please.."?
Go just to say you've been. it's definately worth it... fun stuff. It makes me feel like I am on drugs even when Im not.... more travel advice
If you have read some of my other tips about the game bar or the dolphin bar, you would have read something about a... more travel advice
- See All EDEN
- Firework Shoppping
- See All Frisbee
- See All Do you like Massages?
- Pack light... can't stress it enough
beaniezotzim's Related Pages
Ko Phangan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Great little island....Chill out for a bit."
- "Koh Phangan"
- "MY KO PHANGAN"
- "Dont skip Phangan!"
- "FULL MOON PARRR...TAAAAY!"
- "Welcome to Paradise"
- "Beaches Man, Beaches!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Phangan
- Hotels in Ko Phangan
- Transportation in Ko Phangan
- Nightlife in Ko Phangan
- Restaurants in Ko Phangan
- Shopping in Ko Phangan
- Warnings and Dangers in Ko Phangan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ko Phangan
- 29 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Ko Phangan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Phangan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erie Intro, 10 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Phangan Intro, 29 reviews, 28 photos
- Thailand Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oxnard Intro, 19 reviews, 18 photos
- Maui Intro, 6 reviews, 29 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Channel Islands National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Oahu Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Ko Lanta Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos