"if you're looking for a peaceful place...." Danau Maninjau by asikajee
Danau Maninjau Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 44 photos
First of all, why do VT put this in North Sumatra? Lake Maninjau is in WEST Sumatra. This is a vulcanic lake, formed by a vulcanic eruption. This lake is surrounded by hills and mountains... very very beautiful. Best time to visit is april-september, you should see clear skies and magnificent sunset here. During rainy season (september-april), it is usually raining in the evening, so your chance to see great sunset is small. My pictures are taken in January 2007. I didn't get the sunset. It was raining hard in the evening when I got there. But during morning-afternon, the view was out of this world!!
People are usually came from Bukittinggi. You can take a bus from Bukittinggi (Harmoni bus), 10000 rupiahs - about 1 dollar (as in january 2007). The trip takes about 2 hours. Popular place to stay is in Bayur (around 5km after Maninjau city), where there lots of cheap homestays down the lake. My choice was Beach Inn homestay, for details pls check my hotel tips
Maninjau area has strong Islam beliefs. Most of accomodations there will not allow couples that are not married to sleep... more travel advice
asikajee's Related Pages
Danau Maninjau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Peaceful and Gorgeous Lake"
- "a tranquil and secluded crystal lake"
- "if you're looking for a peaceful place...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Danau Maninjau
- Hotels in Danau Maninjau
- Transportation in Danau Maninjau
- Nightlife in Danau Maninjau
- Restaurants in Danau Maninjau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Danau Maninjau
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Danau Maninjau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Danau Maninjau
- updated a Danau Maninjau Travel Page "if you're looking for a peaceful place...."
- Posted in Travel Surabaya Forum "Re: Trip in Ijen Crater & Yoja"
- Wrote a Review Attention to Indonesian who travel in couples in Danau Maninjau Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "if you're looking for a peaceful place...."
Photos in Danau ManinjauSee All Photos (4)
Top 5 Pages
- Pasuruan 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Danau Maninjau Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Banten 1 review, 5 photos
- Gresik 1 review, 3 photos
- Ubud 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.