"Palau - Alii" Top 5 Page for this destination Palau by juliewong
Palau Travel Guide: 304 reviews and 628 photos
The Republic of Palau comprises clusters of islands and atolls, of which the popular ones are known as Rock Islands.
Info of the archipelago island.
Location: In the Pacific Ocean, 700km from the Philippines and a little closer to Guam.
Capital: Melekeok (formerly Koror)
Area: 458 sq m
Population: some 21,000+ (as at end-2007)
Language: English and Palauan
Currency: US$ dollar
Climate: Tropical, hot and humid (27-29 degrees Celcius on average)
Major tourist activities: Scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking
Time zone: 1 hour ahead of Manila, The Philippines
Airline: Continental Micronesia with connecting flights to Palau from Manila, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Hawaii, Guam, etc...
Note: Dynamite fishing and shark finning is illegal.
Basically, Palau is renowned for its underwater landscapes.
Must-go dive sites:
Chandelier cave (a cave system comprising 4 chambers)
Non-diving activities and main attractions
- Kayaking and experiencing the beauty of Rock Islands
- Waterwall trekking
- The 'Milky Way' (natural white mud spa around the Rock Islands)
- Land tours
- The Taj (Northern Indian)
- Dragon Tei (Japanese)
- Bottom Time Grill Cafe
- The Carp Restaurant
- Rock Island Cafe
- Internet cafes
- Shanghainese noodle restaurant (along a winding road to Lehns Apartment)
- Fast food joints tucked in convenience stores at some gasoline stations
- Bem Ermii Burgers and Fries
- ...and many more Japanese, Korean and Western restaurants
- In a nutshell:A place I wouldnt mind visiting again if I do not have to break my piggy bank
One day or half a day kayaking can be arranged by the many tour agents in Palau. I've used Blue Planet. more travel advice
Dance performance by the cultural dance troop can be arranged with Sams Tours. more travel advice
juliewong's Related Pages
Palau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Palau Islands"
- "Canuckmike's Palau Page"
- "Republic of Belau"
- "Palau - Alii"
- "Palau the Marine Paradise"
- "Palau trip 2008"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palau
- Hotels in Palau
- Transportation in Palau
- Nightlife in Palau
- Restaurants in Palau
- Shopping in Palau
- Warnings and Dangers in Palau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palau
- 19 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Palau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palau
Top 10 Pages
- Hanoi Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos
- Versailles Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 19 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palau Intro, 19 reviews, 18 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ko Lipe Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Nepal Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Songkhla Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue