"Aceh - A BIG town with a Laidback Culture" Aceh Special Region by juliewong
Aceh Special Region Travel Guide: 381 reviews and 963 photos
A trip to Banda Aceh visiting Tsunami affected areas and to Pulau Weh (an island off Aceh) for its underwater treasures known for big seafans and unique reef formations was nothing like I had imagined.
Banda Aceh's location: Northern Sumatra, Indonesia
Religion: Majority are Muslims.
Staple food: Acehnese Coffee, local deserts, fried noodles, rice.
Things to take note: Generally, the surroundings in Pulau Weh is peaceful and the locals are friendly with very simple mindsets unlike the stories I read about the East-Timor wars and unrests that took place before the Tsunami events.
All it takes to go to Pulau Weh is a one-hour ferry ride.
Chinese food at Dynasty Restaurant in Sabang Town, Acheh.
I experienced bouts of vomiting and diarrhea after the trip. Maybe this was due to the food we had at some stalls by the street. Nevertheless, we had plenty of story-sharing moments, fun pokings and laughter over the many dinner meals in Sabang.
- Pros:A time-less place
- Cons:Hygiene challenged
juliewong's Related Pages
Aceh Special Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkit Aceh!! (Wake Up Aceh)"
- "Aceh, the neglected beautiful part of Sumatra"
- "Tomorrow will be Better for ACEH"
- "Aceh - Serambi Mekah"
- "My First Time to Aceh"
- "Pulau Weh"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aceh Special Region
- Hotels in Aceh Special Region
- Transportation in Aceh Special Region
- Restaurants in Aceh Special Region
- Shopping in Aceh Special Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Aceh Special Region
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aceh Special Region
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Aceh Special Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aceh Special Region
Top 10 Pages
- Hanoi Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos
- Versailles Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 19 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palau Intro, 19 reviews, 18 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ko Lipe Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Nepal Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Songkhla Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue