"Loving Life in the High Desert Southwest" plannersis's Profile
We enjoy this campsite - Chaco Canyon is a magical place - deep in the desert, over 150 miles northwest of Albuquerque, and the last 20 miles have finally been paved. The visitor center is quite informative with films, talks and tours of the major archaeological sites - about 12 great master buildings, over 700 total in the region, most of which have been back-filled to preserve them. Ongoing research is revealing more of the mysteries about the ancient Chacoans and being in their canyon is a mystical feeling.
My husband and I are enjoying adventures and plan on at least one exotic trip per year. We've been to England, Paris, Belgium, the Caribbean, Thailand, Costa Rica, Belize, Mexico, Guatemala, Ecuador, Hawaii, Alaska, New Zealand, Australia, Rio de Janeiro, Panama and more. Next on our list is Slovenia, Italy, Greece, Portugal and Crete, and many many more! We like using our air miles and getting a bargain, B&Bs, home-exchanges and unique experiences, sharing ideas and meeting new friends.
Yes, New Mexico is land-locked, but we still get good products and services from all over the world...like fresh raw fish for making sushi and sashimi! It can be a lot of work and shopping and preparation, but what fun it is! And we stuffed ourselves....
This very pretty orange Dragonfly landed on our dragonfly sculpture at our pond, and made us happy - he may have been eating mosquitos to cut down on the West Nile virus.
Beautiful sight! Fragrant cherry blossoms frame the nation's capitol each spring.
Annual Brunch for our gang during balloon fiesta - aren't these gals gorgeous (and great cooks, too)!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 40 Reviews
- 163 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Marvelous Colorful Drive thru Painted Hills & Mtns"
- created a Death Valley National Park Travel Page "Best time to go is WINTER"
- Commented on one of spartan's Oceanside tips
updated their Personal Page "New Puppy in our lives - meet "Pixie"!"
- Wrote a Review Southern Caribbean Islands in Caribbean and Central America Things to Do
- plannersis and Usctwin are now friends.
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Caribbean Sweepstakes Winner..."
PhotosSee All Photos (163)
Top 10 Pages
- Peru Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Caribbean and Central America Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Australia Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Albuquerque Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Sand Dunes National Monument 2 reviews, 6 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- New Mexico Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Quito Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- San Rafael Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos